The liberal group CREDO Action is demanding Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz resign a day after the Florida representative accused millennials of “complacency” on abortion rights.
In a petition sent to the 3.9 million progressive activists the group claims as members, CREDO cited Schultz’s comments on abortion, which infuriated many liberals, as well as a litany of other offenses in calling for her to be removed.
CREDO also accused Schultz of “rigging the primary process to suppress Democratic turnout,” of “supporting warmongers by trying to undermine the president’s Iran deal,” and of courting special interest groups at odds with liberal values.
“As DNC chair, you have repeatedly failed to act in the best interests of progressives and the Democratic Party,” the petition reads. “You have lost the trust of grassroots progressives and Democrats. Please resign immediately.”
On Wednesday, Schultz said in an interview with The New York Times Magazine that women in their 20s and 30s are not committed to fighting for abortion right because their “entire lives have been lived after Roe v. Wade was decided.”
Many abortion rights activists took exception to the comments.
But the flap was just the latest controversy in what has been a tough cycle for the DNC chairwoman.
Read more: The Hill
- LMAO: Watch Nancy Pelosi’s Face at the Moment Trump Said, an ‘Imploding Obamacare Disaster’
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Family of NYC Terrorist Speak Out — They are ‘Outraged’ by NY Police
- Off-Duty Officer Pulls Gun & Fires During Altercation with Group of Teens — Should He Be Punished?
- WATCH: Little Brother ‘Rescues’ Big Sister from a Fight
- Yassmin Abdel-Magied Claims ‘Islam is The MOST Feminist Religion’
- CNN Reporter SHAMES 12yr-Old Girls for Not Wanting to See ‘Penises’ in Their Locker Rooms — Preaches Tolerance for…
- Migrants Live Stream GANG RAPE, Justice System Gives Them Slap on the Wrists and…
- Dear Idiot NYT Writer: Here are THREE Provable Instances of Americans Protecting Their Liberty with Guns
- THROWBACK: Former VP Nominee Tim Kaine Calls For FIGHTING in the Streets And Online to Combat Trump
- Trump’s Public Statement on Roy Moore Loss and What This Defeat Means for Conservatives
- WATCH: Kate Steinle Memorial Ruined by Violent Antifa Protesters
- Informant on Clinton, Russia Uranium Deal has been Identified
- WATCH: Man Attempts to Ram Firetruck into Congress in Desperate Act of Protest
- Did the wrong side win the civil war?
- POLL: Should Bernie Sanders’ New Book ‘Our Revolution’ be Found Under ‘Teen Fantasy’ in Book Stores?
- World Leader Wishes to FORCE Headscarfs on ALL Women…Because Islamophobia
- Bug out Guns: 7 Best Firearms for your Bug out Arsenal