The liberal group CREDO Action is demanding Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz resign a day after the Florida representative accused millennials of “complacency” on abortion rights.
In a petition sent to the 3.9 million progressive activists the group claims as members, CREDO cited Schultz’s comments on abortion, which infuriated many liberals, as well as a litany of other offenses in calling for her to be removed.
CREDO also accused Schultz of “rigging the primary process to suppress Democratic turnout,” of “supporting warmongers by trying to undermine the president’s Iran deal,” and of courting special interest groups at odds with liberal values.
“As DNC chair, you have repeatedly failed to act in the best interests of progressives and the Democratic Party,” the petition reads. “You have lost the trust of grassroots progressives and Democrats. Please resign immediately.”
On Wednesday, Schultz said in an interview with The New York Times Magazine that women in their 20s and 30s are not committed to fighting for abortion right because their “entire lives have been lived after Roe v. Wade was decided.”
Many abortion rights activists took exception to the comments.
But the flap was just the latest controversy in what has been a tough cycle for the DNC chairwoman.
Read more: The Hill
- If Trump is Responsible for Death at Charlottesville, Then Isn’t Obama Responsible for these 5 Murders?
- Black Hawk Helicopter Downed, 5 Crew Members on Board
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama
- Sharia Law Is Coming To A Neighborhood Near You
- All the Details Behind Car Attack in Charlottesville are Released, Man Behind Wheel Was… [UPDATE]
- Baltimore Removes All Confederate Statues in Middle of Night
- Congress Demands Trump Fire his ‘White Supremacist’ Advisers
- Woman is Stabbed. Two Unarmed Men Try Saving Her, Get Stabbed. Then Dude With Gun Shows Up…
- NO LOVE FOR TRUMP: Glenn Beck Calls Trump’s Wife a Lesbian Porn Star in Facebook Rant
- Report: Forensic Experts say DNC was Never Hacked by Russia, An Insider Did the Job
- Mistakes First Time Buyers Make When Buying A Gun And How To Avoid Them
- Neo-Nazi Groups are Now Recognized as Terrorist Organizations — Shouldn’t Black Lives Matter Also?
- CBS Discovers the Brutal Reality of Gun Laws During Interview
- ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis Issues Statement on North Korea That Makes President Trump’s Look Tame
- Michigan Forces Grandparents to Choose Between Their Guns and Grandchild…
- Cars Plow Through Crowd in Virginia During Protest Clash, Casualty and Injuries Reported
- Building the World’s Smallest 10mm Pistol
- BEN CARSON: Just Dropped this BOMB on Obama’s Lap [WATCH]