TORONTO – Conservative MP Larry Miller voiced his opinion on local radio by telling Muslim women to “stay the hell where you came from” if they choose to wear a niqab during a citizenship ceremony.
The Bruce-Grey-Owen Sound MP was speaking with CFOS Radio call-in show the Open Line with Bill Murdoch when he made the controversial comments.
“Saying it a little harshly, but it’s the way I feel,” Miller said. “I’m so sick and tired of people wanting to come here because they know it’s a good country and then they want to change things before they really officially become a Canadian.”
“I have no sympathy for [Zunera Ishaq].”
Ishaq is at the heart of the niqab controversy. The Pakistani woman is seeking Canadian citizenship but refuses to remove her face covering for the public citizenship oath.
In 2011, then immigration minister Jason Kenney issued a new policy directive for banning face covering garments during citizenship ceremonies.
Debate has been raging on Parliament Hill over the niqab worn by some Muslim women ever since Prime Minister Stephen Harper declared last month that it’s “offensive” to cover one’s face while taking the oath of Canadian citizenship.
Harper went on to say that “almost all Canadians” oppose the wearing of veils during a citizenship ceremony.
On Monday, Miller echoed Harper’s comments saying: “I think most Canadians feel the same.”
Read more: globalnews.ca
- Armed Intruder Breaks into Family’s Apartment, Tries Raping Daughter — Enter the Pissed Off Father…
- Policewoman Shoots Down 4 Jihadis by Herself — Video Footage Revealed
- BLM Activist Makes List of Requests for White People: ‘give up the home you own to a black or brown family.’
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- BREAKING: Barcelona Terrorist Found Wearing an Explosive Belt ‘Screaming Allahu Akbar’ — Has Been Shot Down
- Senator Apologizes for ‘Assassinate Trump’ Comment… Almost a Week Later
- Chick Lectures Crowd of White Women: ‘I Believe White People Are Born Into Not Being Human’ [Video]
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- Should Antifa be Labeled as a Terror Organization? This Petition Says It Should.
- #BlackLivesMatter Are Planning ‘DAY OF RAGE’ in 37 Cities–Is Yours On The List?
- REPORT: Debbie Wasserman Schultz’ IT Aide May Have Sold State Secrets to Russia, Pakistan
- John McCain Tight Lipped on His Foundation After Being Busted for Taking Foreign Money from Questionable Sources
- Arizona Court Rules Guns are Loaded, Even When Empty…
- Apparently Saint and Little Native American Boy Statue is White Supremacy…
- Democrat Steve Cohen is Introducing Impeachment Articles for President Trump Over Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Police Chief Says Everyone was Guilty of Violence: ‘Mutually Combating Individuals In The Crowd’
- Question: Should Lawmakers Investigate James Comey and Robert Mueller?
- Artist Projects 3 Messages on Trump Hotel: “The President of the United States is a Known Racist and Nazi Sympathizer”