TORONTO – Conservative MP Larry Miller voiced his opinion on local radio by telling Muslim women to “stay the hell where you came from” if they choose to wear a niqab during a citizenship ceremony.
The Bruce-Grey-Owen Sound MP was speaking with CFOS Radio call-in show the Open Line with Bill Murdoch when he made the controversial comments.
“Saying it a little harshly, but it’s the way I feel,” Miller said. “I’m so sick and tired of people wanting to come here because they know it’s a good country and then they want to change things before they really officially become a Canadian.”
“I have no sympathy for [Zunera Ishaq].”
Ishaq is at the heart of the niqab controversy. The Pakistani woman is seeking Canadian citizenship but refuses to remove her face covering for the public citizenship oath.
In 2011, then immigration minister Jason Kenney issued a new policy directive for banning face covering garments during citizenship ceremonies.
Debate has been raging on Parliament Hill over the niqab worn by some Muslim women ever since Prime Minister Stephen Harper declared last month that it’s “offensive” to cover one’s face while taking the oath of Canadian citizenship.
Harper went on to say that “almost all Canadians” oppose the wearing of veils during a citizenship ceremony.
On Monday, Miller echoed Harper’s comments saying: “I think most Canadians feel the same.”
Read more: globalnews.ca
- State County to Assign Armed Guards to Every Public School
- WATCH: Former Police Officer Shocked to See What His Son’s School Replaced the American Flag With
- WATCH: David Hogg Attacks Gun Owners in Profanity Laced Rant
- Steven Seagal Accused of Sexual Assault
- YouTube is Banning Gun Content in an Effort to Push Gun-Control
- WATCH: Roseanne Barr Tells Jimmy Kimmel to “Zip That F***ing Lip,” When it Comes to Bashing Trump
- Student David Hogg Demands People ‘Work Together’, But Calls the NRA ‘Child Murderers’
- Meet the Hero School Resource Officer Who Shot Down Maryland Gunman
- Florida’s ‘Teacher of the Year’ Points the Finger at Parents for Mass Shooting Epidemic — ‘Parents, it’s time to step up!’
- Eminem Targets Gun Owners in New Song: ‘They Love Their Guns More Than Our Children’
- SHARK BAIT: Great White Shark Feeds Just Feet from Cape Cod Shore [WATCH]
- DRUNK DRIVER OR TERRORIST? 28 Badly Injured After Man Plows Car Through New Orleans Parade
- Young Woman Attacked and Stabbed — Turns the Table on Her Attacker and Gets His Knife
- One Student SUSPENDED for Not Walking Out During Anti-Gun Protest
- PayPal Founder at RNC: Who Cares About Bathrooms, ‘Fake Culture Wars Only DISTRACT Us from Our ECONOMIC DECLINE’
- Austin Bomber Dead — Blows Himself Up
- JESSE VENTURA: Not Going to See American Sniper Because ‘There is No Honor in Lying’
- CALLING BS ON… Left Wing Gun-Control Memes