Ted Cruz slammed the decision by a federal judge to order a Kentucky county clerk to jail for refusing to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples on the basis of her Christian faith, labeling it un-American.
“Today, judicial lawlessness crossed into judicial tyranny,” the Republican presidential candidate said in a statement Thursday afternoon. “Today, for the first time ever, the government arrested a Christian woman for living according to her faith. This is wrong. This is not America.”
Cruz declared that he stands with Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis “unequivocally” for refraining from issuing any marriage licenses in the more than two-month period since the Supreme Court legalized gay marriage nationwide.
“I stand with every American that the Obama administration is trying to force to choose between honoring his or her faith or complying with a lawless court opinion,” the Texas senator said, citing dissents in the June 26 court opinion.
Cruz labeled those calling for Davis’s resignation “hypocritical” for not demanding the same of lawmakers who support policies that bolster illegal immigration, including President Obama.
Read more: freebeacon.com
- MSNBC Host Suggests Scalise DESERVED To Be Shot — The Reason Why Will Have You FUMING!
- Why We Carry: Man Punches Girl 39 Times in Empty Parking Lot After ‘Laying in Wait’ [WATCH]
- Dude Starts Freaking When Chick Places Snake on His Lap in Most Hilarious Video
- World’s Longest Shot Takes 10 Seconds to Wipe Out Target, an ISIS Militant
- ALERT: US Official Arrested For Giving Chinese Agent Top-Secret…
- What Really Killed Otto Warmbier
- Die-In Protesters Against Trump’s Healthcare Bill Get Rude Awakening by Motorcyclist [WATCH]
- Migrants Kill Motorist by Dragging Tree-Trunks to Stop Traffic, Hijack Cars
- Hillary Clinton & Co. About to be Stripped of Security Clearance
- National Security Council Unable to Release Susan Rice Documents Because They’re in Obama’s…
- WATCH: Why Poor People Shouldn’t Run the Economy
- Protesters Interrupt Trump During Time For Prayer — The President’s Reaction Is Priceless
- Insane! Sex Offender Rapes Neighbor’s 7yr-Old Daughter Weeks After Being Released from Prison
- Professor Publishes ‘#LetThemF*ckingDie’ Article About White People, Now Playing The Victim…
- Watch: Dude Performs Erotic Drag Show for Elementary & Middle School Kids
- Democrat on Scalise Shooting: ‘I’m F**king Glad He Got Shot’ [AUDIO]
- Nationwide Manhunt for This POS — Murdered Multiple Women, Considered Armed and Dangerous
- Insane! Man Faces Jail Time for ‘Disturbing’ Manatees by Throwing Bucket of…