Ted Cruz slammed the decision by a federal judge to order a Kentucky county clerk to jail for refusing to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples on the basis of her Christian faith, labeling it un-American.
“Today, judicial lawlessness crossed into judicial tyranny,” the Republican presidential candidate said in a statement Thursday afternoon. “Today, for the first time ever, the government arrested a Christian woman for living according to her faith. This is wrong. This is not America.”
Cruz declared that he stands with Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis “unequivocally” for refraining from issuing any marriage licenses in the more than two-month period since the Supreme Court legalized gay marriage nationwide.
“I stand with every American that the Obama administration is trying to force to choose between honoring his or her faith or complying with a lawless court opinion,” the Texas senator said, citing dissents in the June 26 court opinion.
Cruz labeled those calling for Davis’s resignation “hypocritical” for not demanding the same of lawmakers who support policies that bolster illegal immigration, including President Obama.
Read more: freebeacon.com
- OBAMA: ‘People Will Look Back… And See I Was Right And Trump Was Wrong’
- CNN Reporter SHAMES 12yr-Old Girls for Not Wanting to See ‘Penises’ in Their Locker Rooms — Preaches Tolerance for…
- Feminist Lawyer Attempted to Bribe Women Who Accused Trump of Sexual Misconduct
- WATCH: CNN Anchor Says Americans Should Wear HIJABS to Show Solidarity to Fearful Muslims
- REVEALED: Obama’s State Department Made Deal with Hillary Clinton to Keep Certain Documents Secret
- Off-Duty Officer Pulls Gun & Fires During Altercation with Group of Teens — Should He Be Punished?
- Yassmin Abdel-Magied Claims ‘Islam is The MOST Feminist Religion’
- WATCH: Chicago Declared ‘Trump-Free Zone’
- Arkansas Might Remove the Clinton’s Name from Their Airport — Should They Do It?
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment
- TRUMP: Democrats Using Fabricated Stories from Women After Failed Russia Collusion Case
- LMAO: Watch Nancy Pelosi’s Face at the Moment Trump Said, an ‘Imploding Obamacare Disaster’
- LEAKED: James Comey’s Shocking Edits to His Public Statement On Hillary Clinton Probe
- WATCH: Female ISIS Captives Remove Their Veils and BURN Them
- GROSS: Michelle Tells Crowd She’s A Sex Symbol — And It Blows Up In Her Face
- POLL: Is It Time for Mueller to Resign?
- Trump Wins: Bill Moves Forward to Expose Congressional Sexual Harassers
- WATCH: Gang of Thugs Prove Why Every Single Woman Needs a Gun at Home