Ted Cruz slammed the decision by a federal judge to order a Kentucky county clerk to jail for refusing to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples on the basis of her Christian faith, labeling it un-American.
“Today, judicial lawlessness crossed into judicial tyranny,” the Republican presidential candidate said in a statement Thursday afternoon. “Today, for the first time ever, the government arrested a Christian woman for living according to her faith. This is wrong. This is not America.”
Cruz declared that he stands with Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis “unequivocally” for refraining from issuing any marriage licenses in the more than two-month period since the Supreme Court legalized gay marriage nationwide.
“I stand with every American that the Obama administration is trying to force to choose between honoring his or her faith or complying with a lawless court opinion,” the Texas senator said, citing dissents in the June 26 court opinion.
Cruz labeled those calling for Davis’s resignation “hypocritical” for not demanding the same of lawmakers who support policies that bolster illegal immigration, including President Obama.
Read more: freebeacon.com
- Armed Intruder Breaks into Family’s Apartment, Tries Raping Daughter — Enter the Pissed Off Father…
- Policewoman Shoots Down 4 Jihadis by Herself — Video Footage Revealed
- BLM Activist Makes List of Requests for White People: ‘give up the home you own to a black or brown family.’
- BREAKING: Barcelona Terrorist Found Wearing an Explosive Belt ‘Screaming Allahu Akbar’ — Has Been Shot Down
- Artist Projects 3 Messages on Trump Hotel: “The President of the United States is a Known Racist and Nazi Sympathizer”
- Arizona Court Rules Guns are Loaded, Even When Empty…
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- Senator Apologizes for ‘Assassinate Trump’ Comment… Almost a Week Later
- Chick Lectures Crowd of White Women: ‘I Believe White People Are Born Into Not Being Human’ [Video]
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- Should Antifa be Labeled as a Terror Organization? This Petition Says It Should.
- Charlottesville Police Chief Says Everyone was Guilty of Violence: ‘Mutually Combating Individuals In The Crowd’
- #BlackLivesMatter Are Planning ‘DAY OF RAGE’ in 37 Cities–Is Yours On The List?
- John McCain Tight Lipped on His Foundation After Being Busted for Taking Foreign Money from Questionable Sources
- Apparently Saint and Little Native American Boy Statue is White Supremacy…
- Democrat Steve Cohen is Introducing Impeachment Articles for President Trump Over Charlottesville
- REPORT: Debbie Wasserman Schultz’ IT Aide May Have Sold State Secrets to Russia, Pakistan
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama