A 2012 document reveals what the Daily Caller called a “shocking government program” where the Department of Veterans Affairs is disarming veterans by getting them placed on the FBI’s criminal background-check list, Patrick Howley reported Tuesday. The VA, he said, is sending personal medical and financial information directly to the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms so guns can be taken in home raids.
But now, Howley said, veterans who have been deemed either mentally incompetent or financially incapable are telling their stories. The harassment they and their families receive from the government “starts when vets go to the VA to get medical help,” he added.
The 2012 document, labaled, “MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS AND THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION REGARDING THE NATIONAL INSTANT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK SYSTEM,” says the VA must give the FBI health information it will add to its criminal database. So much for privacy and confidentiality of personal patient information.
According to the memo, the VA “will provide an encrypted compact disc exchanged via mail to the FBI no less than quarterly for, inter alia, inclusion in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).” The memo also says the NICS database is a list of “persons prohibited under federal law from receiving or possessing firearms.”
Moreover, the memo says the VA will give the FBI a list of “individuals who have been rated by VA as being unable to manage their VA benefits” on a monthly basis. A CD containing that list is sent every month from Austin, Howley said. As of July 12, 2012, there were over 129,000 beneficiaries in the program.
A Texas veteran told the Daily Caller he lost his Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms because he changed the way he banks. Henry Wrobel said a VA counselor named “Dr. Blair” determined he could not handle his own finances and that “his wife handles his finances.” As a result, Wrobel said, he received a letter saying that like a felon, he can no longer be around guns.
“I had a pistol permit in Connecticut at 21, and the only things against me are one speeding ticket and two parking tickets. My constitutional rights, my dignity, means nothing to” the counselor, Wrobel told the Daily Caller. “I have no crimes whatsoever against me, and now I’m stripped of my constitutional rights as though I’m a felon.”
Read more: examiner.com
- One Student SUSPENDED for Not Walking Out During Anti-Gun Protest
- Young Woman Attacked and Stabbed — Turns the Table on Her Attacker and Gets His Knife
- REPORT: Facebook’s Algorithm Change Boosting Liberals, Silencing Conservatives
- WINNING! California FORCED to Return 500+ Guns to Dealer After Seizing Them For…
- WATCH: Tennessee Students Start Fighting, Tear Down American Flag During Anti-Gun ‘Walkout’ Protest
- Nikolas Cruz ‘Smiling and Laughing’ in Life Behind Bars
- California Appoints Illegal Alien to Office
- Conservative Activists Detained by Airport Police in UK — Preventing Them from Inciting “Hatred”
- REPORT: US was Running Guns Through Benghazi to Syria and Hillary Lied About it Under Oath
- Student David Hogg Demands People ‘Work Together’, But Calls the NRA ‘Child Murderers’
- Second Amendment Group Has Surge of Membership at 1200% for 18-20 Year-Olds
- Haitian Official Who Exposed the Clinton Foundation is Found With Gun-Shot to Head
- Black Panther Trailer, ‘World is Changing… Soon There will be the Conquered and the Conquerors’
- DETAINED BUT READY TO MINGLE: Osama bin Laden’s Associate Creates Dating Profile from Gitmo
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]
- TERRORISM LOSES AGAIN: Man who had the Intentions of Beheading a Police Officer was Fatally Shot
- DEAR AMERICA: Should Donald Trump ACCEPT This Executive Order on the Second Amendment?
- Nurse Caught on Camera Laughing as WWII Vet Dies Gasping for Breath