A 2012 document reveals what the Daily Caller called a “shocking government program” where the Department of Veterans Affairs is disarming veterans by getting them placed on the FBI’s criminal background-check list, Patrick Howley reported Tuesday. The VA, he said, is sending personal medical and financial information directly to the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms so guns can be taken in home raids.
But now, Howley said, veterans who have been deemed either mentally incompetent or financially incapable are telling their stories. The harassment they and their families receive from the government “starts when vets go to the VA to get medical help,” he added.
The 2012 document, labaled, “MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING BETWEEN THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS AND THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION REGARDING THE NATIONAL INSTANT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK SYSTEM,” says the VA must give the FBI health information it will add to its criminal database. So much for privacy and confidentiality of personal patient information.
According to the memo, the VA “will provide an encrypted compact disc exchanged via mail to the FBI no less than quarterly for, inter alia, inclusion in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).” The memo also says the NICS database is a list of “persons prohibited under federal law from receiving or possessing firearms.”
Moreover, the memo says the VA will give the FBI a list of “individuals who have been rated by VA as being unable to manage their VA benefits” on a monthly basis. A CD containing that list is sent every month from Austin, Howley said. As of July 12, 2012, there were over 129,000 beneficiaries in the program.
A Texas veteran told the Daily Caller he lost his Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms because he changed the way he banks. Henry Wrobel said a VA counselor named “Dr. Blair” determined he could not handle his own finances and that “his wife handles his finances.” As a result, Wrobel said, he received a letter saying that like a felon, he can no longer be around guns.
“I had a pistol permit in Connecticut at 21, and the only things against me are one speeding ticket and two parking tickets. My constitutional rights, my dignity, means nothing to” the counselor, Wrobel told the Daily Caller. “I have no crimes whatsoever against me, and now I’m stripped of my constitutional rights as though I’m a felon.”
Read more: examiner.com
- Trump Retaliates After Democrat ‘Fabricated’ Slain Soldier Story — He Has Proof
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- 2,800 New Hillary Clinton Emails Recovered Off of Anthony Weiner’s Laptop
- BREAKING: Armed and Dangerous Killer on the Run — At Least 3 Dead
- Hillary Collapses in UK — Has Now Cancelled All Scheduled Events
- CNN Commentator: When it Come to Criticizing NFL Players “White People Don’t Get to…”
- WATCH: Slew of Celebrities Ask Americans to ‘Reject’ the NRA, Conceal Carry Do to…
- Awkward: Compilation Video of Celebrities Thanking Harvey Weinstein Goes Viral [WATCH]
- Gun Grabbing ‘Logic’: Dianne Feinstein Claims Constitution Does NOT Protect Conceal Carry — All 40 Million Americans She Represents Would Never Want a… [VIDEO]
- CONFIRMED: FBI Says Comey Did Draft Letter On Clinton Before Completing the Investigation
- Joy Behar Forbids Attacks on Comedians Because ‘We’re Important People Right Now’ [WATCH]
- Authorities Confirm: 4 Times More People Killed with a Blade Than a Rifle
- WATCH: ‘Palestinian Steve Irwin’ Takes on Giant Snake in Hilarious Video
- POLL: Conservatives Push to Have Mitch McConnell Resign, Do You Agree With Them?
- Python Swallows Deer Whole in Seconds in Jaw Dropping Video, Or So We Think…
- WATCH: Hillary Clinton Greeted by a Swarm of ‘Boos’
- Vegas Shooting Survivor: ‘One week I was running from bullets, the next I was running from fire’
- University Cop Shot in the Back of the Head