The man accused of opening firing inside a historic black church in Charleston, South Carolina, tried to kill himself but had run out of bullets following the shooting, according to the son of a victim who said he spoke with a survivor.
Dylann Roof allegedly first killed Rev. Clementa Pinckney and then wildly began shooting people attending a Bible study at Emanuel AME Church, according to Kevin Singleton, who said he spoke with the oldest survivor of the shooting. His mother, Myra Thompson, was among the nine killed Wednesday.
Singleton said he was told that Roof, 21, then allegedly tried to kill himself — but he had run out of bullets.
“He put the gun to his head and pulled the trigger but there was just no bullets left,” said Singleton. “I’m assuming he wanted to take his own life.”
Read more: ABC News
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- 2 Men Guilty of Gang Raping 13-Year-Old Girl Sentenced to Probation
- WATCH: Sarah Sanders Hammers the Media for Criticizing Trump’s MS-13 ‘Animals’ Comment
- Santa Fe School Shooter Killed High School Crush During Attack
- WATCH: Liberal Politician Wants to Make it Illegal to Manufacture Semi-Automatic Rifles, ‘Get Them Out Of Our Communities’
- FBI HITS MOTHER-LOAD: Found 650,000 Clinton Emails On Weiner’s Computer — Warrant Obtained
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Quit Acting to ‘Save Our Democracy’ from Donald Trump
- Media Bias and Anti-NRA Protests Causes Massive Spike in NRA Membership
- When Scopes are a Bad Idea?