The head and several leaders of a major Syrian rebel group, Jaysh al-Islam, have been killed in an air strike in a suburb of Damascus, reports say.
Founder Zahroun Alloush was among those killed when rockets hit a meeting place, rebels and activists said.
The Saudi-backed Islamist group is one of the biggest factions and is dominant in the eastern Damascus countryside.
It recently joined an opposition summit in Riyadh which produced a framework for peace talks with the government.
Read more: BBC
- Megyn Kelly Off the Air After Attacking Jane Fonda
- Report: California Just Made it Legal for Illegal Immigrants to Vote
- Report: NFL Refuses to Air Pro-Veteran Ad During Super Bowl Asking Fans to Stand
- Pedophile Imprisoned for Sexually Abusing Young Boy is Found Dead in Jail
- Watch: CNN Does Its Job and Corrects Fake News Democrats
- Newsweek: ‘Hillary Clinton could still become president if Russia probe finds conspiracy evidence’
- Victory: Democrats Give in to GOP, Abandon the “Schumer Shutdown”
- ICE to Crack Down on California the Sanctuary State
- WHAT WOULD JESUS CARRY? Packing in Church
- Alert: High School Shooting, One Dead and Multiple Wounded
- Dear Idiot NYT Writer: Here are THREE Provable Instances of Americans Protecting Their Liberty with Guns
- James Carville Says 80% Of Democrats Are Politically Clueless
- MSNBC Anchor Joy Reid Claims Media Favorability for Republicans is Only Reason Democrats Look Bad — Yup
- Man Teases Bear With Food — Biggest Mistake of His Life
- NFL Star, Benjamin Watson, Delivers BRUTAL Truth Bombs About Blacks & Abortion
- ‘FCK DA POLICE’: #Ferguson Shooter’s Thug Life Proudly Displayed on Social Media