Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe has issued a state of emergency for the upcoming winter storm.
Thursday’s declaration authorizes state agencies to assist local governments in response to the storm, which is expected to dump up to 2 feet of snow in parts of the state and bring strong winds.
McAuliffe says in a statement that residents should “take the threat of this storm seriously.” He says that includes travel disruptions and possible power outages.
He says transportation crews are treating roads before the storm hits.
Virginia Transportation Secretary Aubrey Layne is urging residents to stay off roads until the storm passes.
The state of emergency went into effect at 8 a.m. Thursday.
Here is the complete announcement from the governor’s office:
RICHMOND – Governor Terry McAuliffe declared a state of emergency at 8 a.m. today, an action that authorizes state agencies to assist local governments in responding to a major winter storm that is expected to impact the Commonwealth through Sunday.
In declaring a state of emergency, the governor authorizes state agencies to identify and position resources for quick response anywhere they are needed in Virginia. This action does not apply to individuals or private businesses.
Read more: wdbj7.com
- Watch: Chuck Schumer Hammered on Senate Floor for Lying About Trump Being Under Investigation
- Millions Of Gun Owners About To Be Criminals Starting July 1st
- Smug Thug Smirking While Widow Testifies During Murder Trial is Destroyed by Judge [Watch]
- Student Going to Jail for Registering Dead People as Democratic Voters
- California’s ‘Assault Weapons’ Rule Rejected
- London Women Targeted for Continuous Acid Attacks
- On The 154th Anniversary Of Gettysburg, Leftists Are Promising To ‘Desecrate Graves’
- BREAKING: Republicans Delay Health Care Vote, Not Enough…
- ISIS Forces Sex Slave to EAT Her 1yr-Old Son
- Dear Gun Grabbers: This Video Proves Why Homeowners Need Guns
- Black Trump Supporter Demolishes Maxine Waters — “You Have Destroyed the Black Community!”
- Clinton Foundation Busted for Taking $1MIL from Qatar and ‘Forgetting’ to Tell Gov. About It
- John McCain Tight Lipped on His Foundation After Being Busted for Taking Foreign Money from Questionable Sources
- Watch: Thug Couple Beats Restaurant Owner and Her Daughter Over ‘Cold Chicken’
- Is This How Otto Warmbier Was Put In A Comma? Leaked Footage Shows North Korean Officials Beating A Woman Senseless For…
- Snowflake Alert! University Now Has ‘Emotional Risk’ Assessment For Student Events
- Justice Clarence Thomas Speaks! Finds It “Improbable” The Second Amendment Only Protects…
- Um… Guess Why These Feminists are Naked and Screaming in the Street