A Pennsylvania newspaper is facing a firestorm of criticism after the editorial board said it would “very strictly limit” op-eds and letters against same-sex marriage on the heels of Friday’s historic Supreme Court ruling.
PennLive/The Patriot-News in Harrisburg has issued a string of statements on its opinion page policies since the decision, which legalized gay marriage nationwide.
Initially, Editorial Page Editor John Micek tweeted that the newspaper would “no longer accept” or print op-eds and letters to the editor in opposition to same-sex marriage.
He then tweeted:
This is not hard: We would not print racist, sexist or anti-Semitc letters. To that, we add homophobic ones. Pretty simple.
— ByJohnLMicek (@ByJohnLMicek) June 26, 2015
The editorial board has since dialed back, in the face of apparent criticism from their readers.
A newspaper editorial published online was updated Friday afternoon to clarify the board’s op-ed policy. In the editorial, which cheered the decision and said majority opinion author Justice Anthony Kennedy “nailed it,” the board issued the following statement:
“As a result of Friday’s ruling, PennLive/The Patriot-News will very strictly limit op-Eds and letters to the editor in opposition to same-sex marriage.
Read more: Fox News
- Young Woman Attacked and Stabbed — Turns the Table on Her Attacker and Gets His Knife
- Steven Seagal Accused of Sexual Assault
- Colorado Passes New Conceal Carry Bill That Will Have Gun-Grabbers Freaking
- Watch: Feminist Wants to Ban the Word “Man” — Tucker Has His Fun
- BREAKING: Thug Kills Omaha Police Officer, Who Gave Birth Days Before, During Shoot Out
- WATCH: CNN Goes to Gun Range to Shoot AR-15, Proves Gun-Controllers Have No Clue What They are Talking About
- REPORT: Facebook’s Algorithm Change Boosting Liberals, Silencing Conservatives
- Hillary Collapses in UK — Has Now Cancelled All Scheduled Events
- 20,000 Leaked E-mails Show How DNC & Hillary SCREWED Bernie Sanders
- WATCH: Here We Find a Liberal Female in Her Natural Habitat… Pooping for ‘Justice’
- Military Parade to Occur on Veterans Day — Liberals Already Whining