Senator Ted Cruz (R-Texas) declined to support Ben Carson’s recent claim that he would not “advocate” for a Muslim president, instead citing the U.S. Constitution.
“You know, the Constitution specifies there shall be no religious test for public office and I am a constitutionalist,” Cruz said during an interview on Iowa public television on Sunday.
The Texas Republican also seemed disinterested in debating the faith of President Barack Obama, which again became a topic of conversation after a man accused the president of being a Muslim at a Donald Trump rally.
“The president’s faith is between him and God,” Cruz said. “What I’m going to focus on is his public policy record.”
Read more: The Blaze
- HIT THE ROAD: Obama Ends Fundraising Event for Kids with Cancer for this Absurd Reason
- WATCH: Roseanne Barr Tells Jimmy Kimmel to “Zip That F***ing Lip,” When it Comes to Bashing Trump
- Man Named Alek Minassian Plows Pedestrians With Van — Kills 10 and Injures 15
- Bush Bashing Professor Randa Jarrar Will NOT be Punished by Fresno State
- Poll: David Hogg Has Officially Become Irrelevant — Do You LOVE This?
- Fancy Po Po: Dubai Police Sport Google Glasses while Driving Lamborghinis
- Loretta Lynch Slams Comey in Public Statement
- Report: Man Uses AR-15 to Save a Life
- TED CRUZ: Answered the Same Question Ben Carson did about a ‘Muslim President’, His Response Might Shock You
- WATCH: City Inspector Demands Store Owner REMOVE U.S. Military Flags, Insults Veteran at Store
- REPORT: Facebook’s Algorithm Change Boosting Liberals, Silencing Conservatives
- SUSPECT ‘DOWN’: Black SUV Shot to Bits by Authorities in San Bernardino
- U.S., Mexico Border: Caravan of Refugees Show Up, Asking for Asylum
- 90,000 Christians Killed Because of Faith and Joy Behar Decides to Mock Them [VIDEO]
- YOU’VE GOT TO BE KIDDING! U.S. Citizens Sign a Petition to Replace the AMERICAN Flag
- State County to Assign Armed Guards to Every Public School
- CAUGHT: Delusional, Taylor Swift Obsessed Gunman Kills 4 in Waffle House — Only Wearing a Jacket
- Hillary Collapses in UK — Has Now Cancelled All Scheduled Events