At a Thursday event in Weare, New Hampshire, presidential candidate Sen. [score]Ted Cruz[/score] (R-TX) labeled opposing candidate Sen. [score]Marco Rubio[/score] (R-FL) as the media-anointed “chosen one” for the GOP establishment but ultimately unelectable like prior failed nominees.
Cruz compared the number three candidate out of Iowa to past establishment candidates Bob Dole, Sen. [score]John McCain[/score] (R-AZ), and Mitt Romney — the candidates touted as the “electable one(s)” to win the GOP nomination but went on to lose in the general election. The Wall Street Journal reported that he claimed Rubio’s surge is tied to a coordinated push for a Democrat-leaning candidate. According to Cruz, Rubio “has agreed with the Democrats the most.”
“I understand that in the media newsrooms and in the Washington establishment circles, Marco is the chosen one,” Mr. Cruz said outside a sports bar here. He went on to dismiss Mr. Rubio’s third-place finish in the Iowa caucuses, which Mr. Cruz won. “In the media’s telling, bronze is the new gold.”
Cruz slighted Rubio’s Iowa performance, saying the media is painting a “bronze” finish as “gold.”
Read more: Breitbart
- New York: MS-13 Announces Head Hunt on Police in Wanna-Be Sanctuary State, ‘Take Out a Cop’
- U.S., Mexico Border: Caravan of Refugees Show Up, Asking for Asylum
- AUDIO: Police Release Starbucks Recording that Proves Racism is NOT the Issue, Entitlement is
- ALERT: House Voted on Impeachment of Trump, Results Were Staggering
- BREAKING: Massive Gun Grab is About to Rock 4.2 Million Social Security Recipients’ World
- David Hogg’s Newest “Boycott” Immediately Shutdown by Pro-Gun Activist Kyle Kashuv
- Lindsey Graham: Russia Probe to be ‘Considered a CRIMINAL Investigation’
- Barbara Bush Hating Professor: ‘Why I Can’t Stand White Belly Dancers’
- Bill Clinton: NY Times and Trump Colluded to Defeat Hillary
- Illinois: County Declares Itself ‘Sanctuary County’ for Gun Owners
- WATCH: Dude PUNCHES Chick in the Face — Was it Justified?
- WATCH: Obama JOKES About Scalia’s Death
- Will You Sign? Jimmy Kimmel Boycott has Over 150,000 Signatures — All Started When Kimmel Mocked FLOTUS
- 2 Men Guilty of Gang Raping 13-Year-Old Girl Sentenced to Probation
- EXPOSED: Trump ‘Groping’ Claims DEBUNKED By The Details–Spread The Word!
- DEAR AMERICA: Should Donald Trump ACCEPT This Executive Order on the Second Amendment?