For decades, entrepreneurs in Oklahoma and Texas have looked to the immense natural resources found beneath our states’ soil, convinced that with a dream and a little hard work they could revolutionize an industry. These entrepreneurs have characterized the innovative spirit that has made the sister states places of promise for countless Americans.
We are proud to represent Oklahoma and Texas, respectively, and together we believe we can unleash the American energy renaissance that is already underway. To do so, we need to scale back the government, restore state and local control, and welcome technological advancement to tap into the resources beneath the soil.
The first step to promoting growth is reining in excessive federal regulations that are stifling jobs and economic growth. Previous posturing notwithstanding, just last week the Environmental Protection Agency released a historic, four-year-long study that concluded hydraulic fracturing has “not led to widespread, systemic impacts on drinking water resources.” The EPA is by no stretch of the imagination a conservative institution; if anything, it has repeatedly attempted to hamper the energy industry through untenable environmental claims. Yet, even the EPA, after examining 950 papers and reports and other data points, could not find evidence that hydraulic fracturing harms water.
Yet even when science dispels myths, such as the claim that fracking harms water, the Obama administration demonizes the energy industry and has aggressively discouraged fossil fuel development and use, to the detriment of consumers and economic growth. This week, the president joined other international leaders and declared their intent to “decarbonize” the economy by the end of the century. In other words, the president is proposing to eliminate the energy resources that nearly every family uses to switch on a light or operate a microwave, regulations that would cost the average household hundreds of dollars each year. According to this president, traditional, affordable energy sources have no place in our cities or towns.
Read more: tulsaworld.com
- Pedophile Imprisoned for Sexually Abusing Young Boy is Found Dead in Jail
- LOL: Trump Thanks Democrats for Shutting Down the Government on His One Year Presidential Anniversary
- Trump Rioters During Inauguration Day Find Out What “Justice” Means
- Watch: Two Chicks are Boarding a Sailboat to Fight Poaching, Totally Bad*ss
- Oakland Mayor Vows to Go to Jail to Protect Sanctuary City
- Tragic: Young Boy Attempting to Save Paralyzed Father from Fire Dies
- Psychologist Answers Journalist’s Question ‘Why should your right to freedom of speech trump a trans person’s right not to be offended?’ — Leaves Her Speechless [Watch]
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- Watch: Security Footage Captures Dramatic Shoot-Out Between Cops and Armed Robbers
- New Details: Thirteen Children Living in ‘House of Horrors’ Were Only Allowed to Shower Twice a Year, Among Other Cruel Treatment
- College Pays Professors Huge Settlement After ‘Ban of White People’ on Campus Threatened Their Lives [Video]
- Report: DHS to File Criminal Charges Against Sanctuary City Politicians
- ALERT: House Voted on Impeachment of Trump, Results Were Staggering
- House Passes “Concealed Carry Reciprocity” Bill
- Newsweek: ‘Hillary Clinton could still become president if Russia probe finds conspiracy evidence’
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Female Gun Range Owner, Who Banned Muslims from Her Business, is Running for Governor