For decades, entrepreneurs in Oklahoma and Texas have looked to the immense natural resources found beneath our states’ soil, convinced that with a dream and a little hard work they could revolutionize an industry. These entrepreneurs have characterized the innovative spirit that has made the sister states places of promise for countless Americans.
We are proud to represent Oklahoma and Texas, respectively, and together we believe we can unleash the American energy renaissance that is already underway. To do so, we need to scale back the government, restore state and local control, and welcome technological advancement to tap into the resources beneath the soil.
The first step to promoting growth is reining in excessive federal regulations that are stifling jobs and economic growth. Previous posturing notwithstanding, just last week the Environmental Protection Agency released a historic, four-year-long study that concluded hydraulic fracturing has “not led to widespread, systemic impacts on drinking water resources.” The EPA is by no stretch of the imagination a conservative institution; if anything, it has repeatedly attempted to hamper the energy industry through untenable environmental claims. Yet, even the EPA, after examining 950 papers and reports and other data points, could not find evidence that hydraulic fracturing harms water.
Yet even when science dispels myths, such as the claim that fracking harms water, the Obama administration demonizes the energy industry and has aggressively discouraged fossil fuel development and use, to the detriment of consumers and economic growth. This week, the president joined other international leaders and declared their intent to “decarbonize” the economy by the end of the century. In other words, the president is proposing to eliminate the energy resources that nearly every family uses to switch on a light or operate a microwave, regulations that would cost the average household hundreds of dollars each year. According to this president, traditional, affordable energy sources have no place in our cities or towns.
Read more: tulsaworld.com
- A Furious Mike Pence Takes on McCain After Senator Saved Obamacare [WATCH]
- Obama’s Deputy Chief of Staff Reveals Michelle Was the Real Boss and if She Got Mad, Oh Boy…
- Crocodile ‘Whisperer’ Claimed the Creatures Wouldn’t Harm Him, Then He Went for a Swim
- WATCH: Trump Calls Kaepernick a ‘Son of a B****’ for Protesting National Anthem
- Seattle Seahawks Player Claims Cops ‘Racially Profiled’ Him — Cops Respond With All the Details He Omitted
- Kimg Jong-un Replies to Trump: Plans to “Tame” the President with “Fire”
- Watch: Hipsters Believe America Should Model Economy Like Venezuela’s to Have Income Equality
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]
- Not So Sharp: Masked Robbers Attempt to Hold Up Bar Filled With Policemen
- Artist Projects 3 Messages on Trump Hotel: “The President of the United States is a Known Racist and Nazi Sympathizer”
- DOJ Will Not Investigate IRS for Targeting Conservative Groups
- ‘WHY DOVES CRY’: Madonna’s Underwhelming Tribute Performance for PRINCE has the Internet EXPLODING [VIDEO]
- Millennial Chick Mocks Hillary, Writing Book on ‘How To Pretend Like You’re a Winner, When You’re Actually…’ [WATCH]
- The Lawyers Whom Allegedly Deleted Hillary’s E-mails are About to be…
- This EPIC Meme DESTROYS Colin Kaepernick’s REFUSAL to Stand for the National Anthem
- The Real Deplorables–FOUR Football Players Disrespect America on 9/11
- Irma Hits Florida: The Deadly Surge to Come…
- Chick Wants to Change ‘Father’s Day’ To ‘Special Persons Day’ — Watch Her Explain This One…