Living with terror threats in Germany has become the “new normal”, according to one of the country’s top policemen after a tip-off over a planned suicide bombing saw train stations in Munich evacuated on New Year’s Eve.
No-one “doubts any longer” that Germany’s citizens should get used to the risk of an attack, Andy Neumann of the German Federal Office of Criminal Investigation has warned, saying that only a mixture of luck and skill has so far kept the country safe from a large Islamic extremist atrocity.
“In some cases it was pure luck, which also often lay in the inability of the attacker,” Mr Neumann told newspaper Die Welt.
“In other cases it was the right information at the right time, followed by several months of complex investigation. That luck will someday surely also run out – so it is all the more important to remain vigilant.”
However, he urged people to go about their everyday lives as normal, saying: “Anything else would be grist to the mill of those who would rather have us living in fear.”
A suicide bomb threat by the so-called Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Isil) led to machine gun-toting police officers evacuating two of the city’s busiest train stations at 11pm on New Year’s Eve.
Read more: Telegraph
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama
- Watch: Protesters Destroy Confederate Monument in North Carolina to ‘Smash White Supremacy’
- All the Details Behind Car Attack in Charlottesville are Released, Man Behind Wheel Was… [UPDATE]
- Woman is Stabbed. Two Unarmed Men Try Saving Her, Get Stabbed. Then Dude With Gun Shows Up…
- Neo-Nazi Groups are Now Recognized as Terrorist Organizations — Shouldn’t Black Lives Matter Also?
- Mistakes First Time Buyers Make When Buying A Gun And How To Avoid Them
- Charlottesville Police Chief Says Everyone was Guilty of Violence: ‘Mutually Combating Individuals In The Crowd’
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]
- CBS Discovers the Brutal Reality of Gun Laws During Interview
- Sharia Law Is Coming To A Neighborhood Near You
- Report: Forensic Experts say DNC was Never Hacked by Russia, An Insider Did the Job
- NO LOVE FOR TRUMP: Glenn Beck Calls Trump’s Wife a Lesbian Porn Star in Facebook Rant
- Baltimore Removes All Confederate Statues in Middle of Night
- Man Teases Bear With Food — Biggest Mistake of His Life
- American Airlines Flight Bursts into Flames During Takeoff in Chicago
- ASHLEY MADISON FOUNDER: Emails Reveal His Wife Might Want to Divorce Him…
- 5 Legal Stupidities on the 9th Circuit Court Keeping it’s Ruling Against Trump’s Travel Ban
- Trump to North Korea: You “will be met with fire, fury and frankly power, the likes of which the world has never seen before.”