Living with terror threats in Germany has become the “new normal”, according to one of the country’s top policemen after a tip-off over a planned suicide bombing saw train stations in Munich evacuated on New Year’s Eve.
No-one “doubts any longer” that Germany’s citizens should get used to the risk of an attack, Andy Neumann of the German Federal Office of Criminal Investigation has warned, saying that only a mixture of luck and skill has so far kept the country safe from a large Islamic extremist atrocity.
“In some cases it was pure luck, which also often lay in the inability of the attacker,” Mr Neumann told newspaper Die Welt.
“In other cases it was the right information at the right time, followed by several months of complex investigation. That luck will someday surely also run out – so it is all the more important to remain vigilant.”
However, he urged people to go about their everyday lives as normal, saying: “Anything else would be grist to the mill of those who would rather have us living in fear.”
A suicide bomb threat by the so-called Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Isil) led to machine gun-toting police officers evacuating two of the city’s busiest train stations at 11pm on New Year’s Eve.
Read more: Telegraph
- Watch: Mother and Daughter Defeat Armed Robber Because They Carry a Gun
- Watch: Student Gives Full Details of School Resource Officer Who Failed to Engage Nikolas Cruz During Attack
- CNN Reporter Claims School Shooting Survivor Colton Haab is a Liar
- Report: Father ‘Chained His Twin Daughters in Home, Raped Them and Fathered Their Children’
- Texas Chick Jailed for Falsely Claiming Gang Rape
- Delta and United Airlines Drop Their NRA Connections, Several Other Companies Too — UPDATE the NRA Responds
- Feinstein Receives No Love from Democratic Party for California Re-Election Bid
- Florida’s ‘Teacher of the Year’ Points the Finger at Parents for Mass Shooting Epidemic — ‘Parents, it’s time to step up!’
- Nurse Caught on Camera Laughing as WWII Vet Dies Gasping for Breath
- ‘Dreamers’ are Threatening to Leave the Country if DACA Deal isn’t Reached
- Photo Gallery
- Artist Who Painted Obama’s Portrait LOVES to Paint White Women Being Beheaded
- CNN Shocked After Iowa Voters Say What They Really Think About Russia Investigation [Watch]
- FBI Investigates Shooting Outside NSA Headquarters
- Alert: High School Shooting, One Dead and Multiple Wounded
- Gun-Control Fact Sheet: If There are Any Facts to Refute the Gun-Control Argument, It’s These
- Grandmother Stops School Shooting Plot in Washington State
- POLL: Conservatives Push to Have Mitch McConnell Resign, Do You Agree With Them?