One person has been killed and at least 30 have been injured on the Las Vegas Strip after a female driver intentionally plowed into pedestrians on the sidewalk.
Lakeisha N. Holloway, 24, of Portland, has been identified as the driver, who had a toddler in the back seat when she hit pedestrians on two different sections of the sidewalk while heading north on Las Vegas Boulevard near Bellagio Way.
She is being held without bail and has been charged with murder, child abuse or neglect and failure to remain at the scene of an accident, jail records show.
On Monday, Clark County Coroner John Fudenberg said Jessica Valenzuela, 32, of Buckeye, Arizona, died in the crash Sunday night.
The coroner said the suburban Phoenix woman was visiting Las Vegas with her husband. A cause of death is pending, with an autopsy scheduled for Monday.
The incident took place at around 6.40pm on Sunday in front of the Paris Hotel & Casino and Planet Hollywood, where the 2015 Miss Universe beauty pageant was underway at the time.
At a press conference at the crash site, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Deputy Chief Brett Zimmerman said this was an intentional act. He added that video of a car crashing into pedestrians ‘looks like it’s very intentional.’
On Monday, Zimmerman said Monday that the car was fully on the sidewalk twice, including once when it traveled for 200 feet. He says the car went onto the sidewalk first near a restaurant at the Planet Hollywood hotel-casino and then again at the driveway entrance to the Paris Las Vegas hotel-casino.
He gave no indications as to a motive but ruled out the possibility of terrorism.
Zimmerman added that a three-year-old child was in the back seat of the car the woman was driving at the time of the crash. The toddler and driver were not injured.
Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Lt. Dan McGrath said the woman was driving a 1996 Oldsmobile that was registered in Oregon and that she had recently moved to the area. She is being held in the Clark County jail with charges pending.
He said she continued to drive east on Flamingo Road in the car and was eventually taken into custody by police and detectives at a nearby hotel. She is currently undergoing sobriety tests for both alcohol and drugs.
McGrath also said the pedestrians were not at fault and were not in the road. The person who was killed is an adult, but their identity has not yet been released by authorities.
Six of the victims injured who were in critical condition are now stable, and four others have been treated for minor injuries and released, McGrath said.
Four college students from Pacific University, based in Forest Grove, Oregon, were among those hurt. Spokesman Joe Lang says the students are members of the wrestling team and were in Las Vegas to compete in a tournament.
Lang said 19 athletes and coaches were walking together Sunday night when the woman swerved onto the sidewalk. Three of the four injured students were taken to a hospital. Two students were later released, and the other was kept overnight for observation.
He says the team will not compete in Monday’s tournament.
Read more: Daily Mail
- Marine Dakota Meyer Demolishes Transgender Navy SEALS Story…
- 20yr-Old Chick Draws Gun on Man Who Ran Over Her Family Members at Funeral
- Dude Waves Communist Flag at Trump Rally — Watch What Happens to Him Next
- Alert: 18 ‘ISIS Fighters’ Have Been Executed in Libya
- Imran Awan Allegedly Steals House Democrats’ Laptops, is Arrested; DWS Fights With Capitol Police — This is Big
- Hollywood Freaks After Trump Declares No Transgendered People to Serve in Military: ‘You just pissed off the wrong community.’
- Criminal Complaint to be Filed Against Animal Rights Activists Who Threatened Huntress, Leading to Her Suicide
- Illegal Immigrant in New York Charged with Raping 12yr-Old Girl More than Once
- Chris Hemsworth Thinks a Woman Should be the New Bond…
- Gang of 4 Stalk 50yr-Old Woman, ‘Forced Her to Perform Oral Sex at Gunpoint’ [Video]
- ALERT: All US Army M1911 Handguns to be Transferred to Civilian Marksmanship Program in new Bill
- Watch: Revolver or Semi-Auto for a Conceal Carry Weapon?
- Dude Goes on Streaking Rampage After Cutting Off His Penis While High on Drugs [Video]
- Michelle Obama Claims People Don’t Like Her Because of ‘Her Skin Color’
- Berkeley Middle School Teacher Yvette Felarca Arrested For Assault, Rioting At ‘Anti-Fascist’ Protest
- BREAKING: DC Transit Officer Involved with ISIS, Helped Them Get… UPDATE
- Busted: Chick Tries Framing Cop for Sexual Harassment, Then His Body-Cam Footage was Released
- Dear Parents: Would You Enroll Your Kids in a School That Teaches Them to Shoot, Gut and Cook Wild Animals?