Yesterday was an important day for world history — it was the 70th anniversary of V-E Day. Earlier in the week, I had the pleasure of speaking before a gathering of World War II veterans in Dallas at the Frontier of Flight Museum. Seventy years ago, we stood committed to defeating the original “evil empire” of Adolf Hitler and Nazi Germany. We were not concerned about political correctness. We were focused on winning. And so it is useful to consider the men of that Greatest Generation and those leaders, and look at where we are today.
Yesterday we learned our U.S. Military installations are on high alert because of threats from militant Islamic jihadists who are pouring all over the internet with chatter about how they intend to kill Americans. And ponder the fact that these barbaric Islamic savages have issued a death warrant, a fatwa, against an American citizen — a woman. But we have more dingbat chuckleheads condemning Pamela Geller than seeking victory over these jihadists.
Friday, I had a conversation with a stellar young man who is the Chairman of the Palm Beach County Republican Party — Michael Barnett. I could hear the anxiety and sorrow in his voice as he tried to lead me into the topic — so I knew it wasn’t good. Annually the Palm Beach GOP has an event called “Lobsterfest” which is one of their major fundraisers. This year’s invited guest speaker is none other than The Netherlands MP Geert Wilders — yes, the same individual who was at the “Draw Mohammed” event in Garland, Texas.
Mike’s office had received a visit from the FDLE (Florida Department of Law Enforcement) and the FBI JTTF (Joint Terrorism Task Force). They confided that the Islamic jihadists are at it on the internet, and they’re picking up chatter regarding the Palm Beach event. Now, instead of saying, we’re pursuing these bastards and will do everything in our power to find them and kill them first, the recommendation was to cancel the event.
Mike has often called me and asked for advice, and this was a hard one. Leaders must weigh the costs to those whom they have been called to lead and serve. That’s something I know about and was willing to make a hard decision in my own case – about which liberal progressives haven’t a freakin’ clue. It seems they prefer abandoning Americans to die and then lie about it. But Mike needed guidance and a hand in making a tough decision. He cannot guarantee the 24/7 safety and security not just at the event, but period.
How sad it is that 70 years after V-E Day we are forced to make decisions about our First Amendment right to free speech because of the intolerant, despicable hate of an enemy we have allowed to infiltrate our borders.
What was my recommendation to Michael? Forego having Geert Wilders speak, because of he high risk involved. I personally know Geert and support his stance against the incursion of militant Islamism and Islamo-fascism. If we were on a battlefield this would be an easy call, but there are innocent men and women involved — they are not warriors.
And so I promised Mike I would tell this story in order to alleviate his pain and get folks to understand how absolutely absurd and dire this situation has become. America has been turned into a battlefield and these crazed jihadists have no boundaries in their bloodlust and brutality. The day is coming when we will have to meet their brutality head on — that is what V-E Day is all about.
Mike Barnett didn’t want to cower. He didn’t want the jihadists to believe they have won — but indeed they already have, even before Mike had his visit from FDLE and the JTTF. They’ve won because they have no fear of consequence and so have taken to social media as a means to foment fear and intimidation. Meanwhile, while we’re constantly inundated by the real cowards who have placed us in this situation telling us to be “tolerant.” People such as Juan Williams who state the actions of Pamela Geller hurt the cause? What freakin’ cause? The cause of appeasement and surrender?
This is what may need to happen soon in America. We all know about the Obamacare IPAB — well, those paying attention do. The IPAB is the Independent Payment Advisory Board, an unelected group of bureaucrats who will make pricing decisions on Medicare above the reproach of the Congress.
Read more: allenbwest.com
- WATCH: Slew of Celebrities Ask Americans to ‘Reject’ the NRA, Conceal Carry Do to…
- Man Who Identifies as a Woman Heads to Trial for Sexually Assaulting Little Girl in Bathroom
- World’s Longest Shot Takes 10 Seconds to Wipe Out Target, an ISIS Militant
- 2,800 New Hillary Clinton Emails Recovered Off of Anthony Weiner’s Laptop
- Trump Retaliates After Democrat ‘Fabricated’ Slain Soldier Story — He Has Proof
- ICE Reveals Illegal Alien May Have Caused Devastating California Fires
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Watch: Jeff Sessions Goes Bonkers on Sen. Al Franken Over Russia Collusion
- Actress Jessica Chastain: Hollywood Rallies Against Trump, But Ignores ‘Sexual Predators In Our Offices’
- CNN Commentator: When it Come to Criticizing NFL Players “White People Don’t Get to…”
- Joy Behar Forbids Attacks on Comedians Because ‘We’re Important People Right Now’ [WATCH]
- After Democrat Attacks Trump, Soldier’s Widow Releases Audio of Phone Call [WATCH]
- WATCH: ‘Palestinian Steve Irwin’ Takes on Giant Snake in Hilarious Video
- Sean Diddy Combs Tweets NFL ‘I… Have a Dream’ Message — Far From Martin Luther King Jr.’s Speech
- Watch: Here is What the Women’s March Against Harvey Weinstein Looks Like
- ‘BLOOD WILL SPILL LIKE AN OCEAN’: Islamic State Recently Vowed to Attack a New Country that Will SHOCK You
- WATCH: Hillary Clinton Greeted by a Swarm of ‘Boos’
- Chelsea Clinton Makes the Most OBNOXIOUS Comment Why Hillary Lost…GET OVER YOURSELF!