A terrorist in Paris took a machete to the Louvre and tried killing some soldiers standing post there. They lit his a** up! If only France woke up and started arming their citizens too.
A terror probe has been launched in Paris after a machete-wielding man was shot while attacking four soldiers outside the Louvre.
The suspect was shot five times in the stomach and is in a critical condition.
He was shouting ‘Allahu Akbar’ – Arabic for ‘God is the greatest’ – according to the Paris chief of police, and reportedly had paint bombs in his backpack.
A source close to the investigation claims the suspect is an Egyptian man who arrived in France at the end of last month.
An unconfirmed report by TV network LCI names the suspect as 29-year-old Abdallah EH, who arrived in France on a flight from Dubai on January 26. He was not known to security services, the network states.
A source told Reuters: ‘According to the investigation’s initial indications, it was an Egyptian national.’
After being refused entry to the Louvre, he pulled out the weapon and was shot by a soldier, officials have confirmed. A paratrooper is believed to have suffered a head injury.
US President Donald Trump tweeted following the attack in the French capital: ‘A new radical Islamic terrorist has just attacked in Louvre Museum in Paris. Tourists were locked down. France on edge again. GET SMART U.S.’
A second man was arrested after ‘acting suspiciously’ close to the scene, but it is not known if he is linked to the attack.
French Prime Minister Bernard Cazeneuve has described the attack as ‘terrorist in nature’.
A building in the 8th arrondissement of Paris was raided by police this afternoon in connection with the attack.
Police were this afternoon carrying out raids around the French capital to try and verify this information.
Meanwhile, surgeons were operating on him at the Georges-Pompidou hospital, as soldiers guarded his ward.
Interior ministry spokesman Pierre-Henry Brandet said the the identity and nationality of the suspect are not yet known. Interior minister Bruno Le Roux has cut short a trip to the Dordogne and is set to visit the injured soldier this afternoon.
An estimated 1,250 people were inside the famous art gallery, home to the Mona Lisa, when the shooting happened. Pictures from inside the museum shows schoolchildren cowering during the emergency lockdown.
A photo from inside the Carrousel shows the attacker wearing light trousers and a black top as he lies in a crumpled heap at the bottom of a flight of stairs below the Tuileries Gardens, which are next to the Louvre museum.
He entered at the other side of the complex, on the Rue de Rivoli, where security search bags, and can also ask for identification.
The image was taken by a tour guide who had been leading a group of Chinese tourists. None of them were injured.