There were growing questions on Sunday as to whether some of the gunmen who brought carnage to Paris managed to evade capture.
A black Seat car used by the terrorist gang who fired at people in restaurants during the attacks on Friday – killing 38 – was found abandoned in the early hours of Sunday morning in the eastern suburb of Montreuil, three miles from the scene of the attacks.
The Belgian-plated car – the second vehicle police have found linked to Friday’s attacks – is thought to have been used in the shootings of customers at Le Petit Cambodge and Le Carillon bar – where 14 died – followed moments later by the attack on La Casa Nostra, where 5 were killed, and the nearby Belle Equipe, on Rue de Charonne, where 19 were gunned down, according to prosecutor Francois Molins.
Inside the black Seat Leon, abandoned in the eastern suburb of Montreuil, investigators found three kalashnikovs, five bullet magazines and 11 empty ones. They also found traces of fingerprints.
This suggests that after the attack this group of terrorists tried to flee the capital, possibly after dropping off a suicide bomber near Place de La Nation who went on to blow himself up at a cafe near Boulevard Voltaire.
One theory, according to police sources cited in the French media, is that the attackers may have switched cars and fled in another vehicle probably towards Belgium – where at least five people were later arrested in raids in Brussels.
In all, three cars have been linked to the attacks: a grey Volkswagen Polo found close to the Bataclan concert hall which also bore Belgian number plates, the black Seat and a grey Golf seized during Saturday night’s operations in Brussels.
French media reported on Sunday that a manhunt was underway for the individual who rented the Volkswagen Polo, a French national who was not among the seven attackers killed on Friday or those arrested in Brussels.
Quoting police sources, TV channel BFM said the suspect was believed to be from the Paris region. “He may have taken part in the attacks or he may have been an accomplice,” the network said.
Two of the gunmen who died in the attacks were identified by Belgian authorities as Frenchmen living in Brussels, one of them in Molenbeek, an area that has become notorious as a focal point for radicals.
The black Seat was abandoned in Rue Edouard Vaillant, quiet residential side street some time on Friday night, after the attacks.
Read more: The Telegraph
- ANTIFA Protester Hits MAGA Man, Then All Hell Breaks Loose [Video]
- Alert: 18 ‘ISIS Fighters’ Have Been Executed in Libya
- Fast & Furious Eric Holder Attacks Trump for Corruption
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Female Hunter Commits Suicide After Being Threatened by Animal Rights Activists
- Watch: Elderly Man Shoots Tires of AT&T Truck — Is This Wrong?
- When the Creatures of WALMART are Photographed…
- Maryland’s Gun Ban to be Reviewed by Supreme Court…
- Gang of 4 Stalk 50yr-Old Woman, ‘Forced Her to Perform Oral Sex at Gunpoint’ [Video]
- Python Swallows Deer Whole in Seconds in Jaw Dropping Video, Or So We Think…
- Chick Kills Her 14yr-Old Sister While Driving Under Influence and Live Streams it, ‘I killed my sister, but I don’t care.’ [Video]
- Delta Airlines Kicks Ann Coulter Out of Her Seat and Boy Was That the Wrong Decision…
- If You Wear a Miniskirt in Saudi Arabia, Here is What Happens…
- Starbucks Customer Nails Armed Robber with Chair and Saves the Day [Watch]
- Report Reveals Officer Mohamed Noor was a ‘Diversity’ Hire for Police Station
- ‘Religion of Peace’ Imam Preaches “O Muslim, O Servant of Allah, There is a Jew Behind me, Come And KILL HIM”
- The Best and the Rightest
- ALERT: Obama’s IRS Targeting WAY Worse Than We Thought [DOCUMENTS LEAKED]