There were growing questions on Sunday as to whether some of the gunmen who brought carnage to Paris managed to evade capture.
A black Seat car used by the terrorist gang who fired at people in restaurants during the attacks on Friday – killing 38 – was found abandoned in the early hours of Sunday morning in the eastern suburb of Montreuil, three miles from the scene of the attacks.
The Belgian-plated car – the second vehicle police have found linked to Friday’s attacks – is thought to have been used in the shootings of customers at Le Petit Cambodge and Le Carillon bar – where 14 died – followed moments later by the attack on La Casa Nostra, where 5 were killed, and the nearby Belle Equipe, on Rue de Charonne, where 19 were gunned down, according to prosecutor Francois Molins.
Inside the black Seat Leon, abandoned in the eastern suburb of Montreuil, investigators found three kalashnikovs, five bullet magazines and 11 empty ones. They also found traces of fingerprints.
This suggests that after the attack this group of terrorists tried to flee the capital, possibly after dropping off a suicide bomber near Place de La Nation who went on to blow himself up at a cafe near Boulevard Voltaire.
One theory, according to police sources cited in the French media, is that the attackers may have switched cars and fled in another vehicle probably towards Belgium – where at least five people were later arrested in raids in Brussels.
In all, three cars have been linked to the attacks: a grey Volkswagen Polo found close to the Bataclan concert hall which also bore Belgian number plates, the black Seat and a grey Golf seized during Saturday night’s operations in Brussels.
French media reported on Sunday that a manhunt was underway for the individual who rented the Volkswagen Polo, a French national who was not among the seven attackers killed on Friday or those arrested in Brussels.
Quoting police sources, TV channel BFM said the suspect was believed to be from the Paris region. “He may have taken part in the attacks or he may have been an accomplice,” the network said.
Two of the gunmen who died in the attacks were identified by Belgian authorities as Frenchmen living in Brussels, one of them in Molenbeek, an area that has become notorious as a focal point for radicals.
The black Seat was abandoned in Rue Edouard Vaillant, quiet residential side street some time on Friday night, after the attacks.
Read more: The Telegraph
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- ANTIFA: Violence is Necessary
- College Pays Professors Huge Settlement After ‘Ban of White People’ on Campus Threatened Their Lives [Video]
- BREAKING: Explosion on London Tube Train
- The Female Celebrities Go on Attack: Anyone Who is a Trump Supporter, Especially Women, Should…
- Obama’s Deputy Chief of Staff Reveals Michelle Was the Real Boss and if She Got Mad, Oh Boy…
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama
- Japan Prepares for Mass Evacuation as Kim Jong-un Becomes More Unhinged
- The Lawyers Whom Allegedly Deleted Hillary’s E-mails are About to be…
- Columbus Day Now has a New Racially Acceptable Name in Los Angeles, Explorer to be Erased from History…
- The Key to Basic Handgun Training? K.I.S.S. [Watch]
- ANTIFA Protester Hits MAGA Man, Then All Hell Breaks Loose [Video]
- Here is How Miami Police are Handling the Hurricane Irma Looters…
- Woman Born in Nazi Germany is Asked if Trump is Like Hitler–Her Reply SHREDS Apart Every Accusation
- Muslim Father Commits “HONOR RAPE” — Who His Victim Is Will Leave You SHOCKED!