Fugitive Mexican drug lord El Chapo’s sprawling empire commands most of the illicit drugs trade in the United States, a new DEA report shows.
The drugs kingpin’s Sinaloa cartel controls swathes of the US, with his organization only facing real competition in New Mexico, southern Texas and a handful of cities in the north west of the country.
The findings were released by the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) in an unclassified report showing the influence of Mexican drug cartels north of the border.
Joaquín ‘El Chapo’ Guzmán escaped from prison in Mexico in July and has been on the run since.
Meanwhile his Sinaloa cartel has continued to operate – as it did when he was behind bars – trafficking heroin, methamphetamine, cocaine, and marijuana across the border on an industrial scale and flogging it to dealers.
The first graphic drawn up by the DEA (see above) shows where El Chapo’s criminal gang has the most power, in yellow. Dark yellow denotes the areas where it has the most influence. Pale yellow denotes the least – although Sinaloa still has more influence than any other cartel in these areas.
The dark yellow seems to cover most of the east of the US as well as patches on the west coast and in Hawaii.
The pale yellow covers most of central and west US.
The circular discs on Figure 1 below show urban areas, and which cartels wield the most power there, with El Chapo’s organization again having strongholds across the US – even in Alaska, thousands of miles from Mexico.
Read more: Daily Mail
- Watch: Laura Ingraham Tells LeBron James to ‘Shut Up and Dribble’ After His Trump Comment
- Obama’s ‘Legacy’ and the 10 Ways He DESTROYED America
- Grandmother Stops School Shooting Plot in Washington State
- WATCH: ABC’s Pathetic Attempt to Connect White House Rob Porter Drama with Florida Massacre
- REPORT: US was Running Guns Through Benghazi to Syria and Hillary Lied About it Under Oath
- Uranium One Informant: Moscow Paid Millions to Influence Clinton’s Favorability
- WATCH: Trey Gowdy Reveals How Clinton, DNC are GUILTY of Money Laundering
- CNN Shocked After Iowa Voters Say What They Really Think About Russia Investigation [Watch]
- Kid Claims to be ‘Time Traveler’ from 2030 — Passes Lie Detector Test Saying Trump Will Win Second Term and Artificial Intelligence Will…
- Dear Idiot NYT Writer: Here are THREE Provable Instances of Americans Protecting Their Liberty with Guns
- Chelsea Clinton Makes the Most OBNOXIOUS Comment Why Hillary Lost…GET OVER YOURSELF!
- How the FBI Failed to Track Down Florida Shooter After YouTube Threat Using His Real Name
- Trump Wins: Bill Moves Forward to Expose Congressional Sexual Harassers