Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump on Sunday defended his comments about being able to shoot someone and retain support from GOP voters.
Asked during an appearance on CBS’s “Face The Nation” about his declaration that “I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters,” Trump said the comments were intended to demonstrate the durability of his polling advantage ahead of early voting in states like Iowa and New Hampshire.
“Well, I have a very great group of people … I have people that are so loyal and it’s been so reported and even in your poll, but in a lot of the polls they do that, the loyalty factor,” he said.
“And my factor’s up – when you add it all up, it’s pretty much close to 90 percent,” Trump continued. “These are people that just won’t leave, they will not leave. I love my people. And it’s a great thing. I mean, it’s a great thing. Far greater loyalty than any other candidate by double, triple, quadruple and I love my people.”
Read more: The Hill
- A Furious Mike Pence Takes on McCain After Senator Saved Obamacare [WATCH]
- Crocodile ‘Whisperer’ Claimed the Creatures Wouldn’t Harm Him, Then He Went for a Swim
- Obama’s Deputy Chief of Staff Reveals Michelle Was the Real Boss and if She Got Mad, Oh Boy…
- Seattle Seahawks Player Claims Cops ‘Racially Profiled’ Him — Cops Respond With All the Details He Omitted
- Watch: Hipsters Believe America Should Model Economy Like Venezuela’s to Have Income Equality
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- Japan Prepares for Mass Evacuation as Kim Jong-un Becomes More Unhinged
- Kimg Jong-un Replies to Trump: Plans to “Tame” the President with “Fire”
- BYE-BYE: UC Berkeley Loses Major Donor, Says It’s ‘For My Safety’
- Hillary Clinton is ‘Done With Being a Candidate’
- WATCH: US Open Champion Sloane Stephens When Asked if She has New ‘Hunger’ to Win More Games Gives Hilarious Answer — Endorses Capitalism
- DANG: Black Trump Girls are Bullied by MSNBC and Their Comeback is HILARIOUS [Video]
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]
- Not So Sharp: Masked Robbers Attempt to Hold Up Bar Filled With Policemen
- Artist Projects 3 Messages on Trump Hotel: “The President of the United States is a Known Racist and Nazi Sympathizer”
- DOJ Will Not Investigate IRS for Targeting Conservative Groups
- ‘WHY DOVES CRY’: Madonna’s Underwhelming Tribute Performance for PRINCE has the Internet EXPLODING [VIDEO]
- Millennial Chick Mocks Hillary, Writing Book on ‘How To Pretend Like You’re a Winner, When You’re Actually…’ [WATCH]