Ahead of giving testimony before the House Select Committee on Benghazi, Hillary Clinton said in an interview on Sunday that she considers the panel to be politically motivated.
‘I think it’s pretty clear that whatever they might have thought they were doing they ended up becoming a partisan arm of the Republican National Committee with an overwhelming focus on trying to – as they admitted – drive down my poll numbers,’ Clinton said on CNN’s State of the Union.
During the interview with CNN’s Jake Tapper, she reminded him that she had testified about Benghazi in the past, and that this was the eighth investigation into the attack that killed four.
‘I testified to the best of my ability before the Senate and the House. I don’t know that I have very much to add,’ she said.
Clinton is due to testify before the committee on Thursday. The committee questioned her senior aide, Huma Abedin, for six hours in a closed session on Friday.
She was secretary of state in September 2012 when U.S. facilities in Benghazi, Libya, were attacked, killing four Americans including U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens.
Democrats have argued that the 17-month-old probe is a political tool to damage Clinton as she seeks her party’s nomination in the November 2016 presidential election.
The Democratic presidential front-runner said she is unsure of the committee’s objective, according to Yahoo! Politics.
‘They’ve all looked into this and basically just rejected the conspiracy theories that are still floating in some circles,’ she said.
‘I will do my very best to answer their questions but I don’t really know what their objective is right now.’
When mentioned on CNN’s State of the Nation, Clinton laughed about what rival Bernie Sanders said about her ‘damn emails’ at Tuesday night’s debate.
She continued laughing when Tapper asked her about the FBI’s investigation into her emails – opening herself up to criticism that she’s making light of the ongoing scandal, which has caused her poll numbers to dip in recent months.
Clinton said that no classified information flowed through her system and knocked down what I. Charles McCollough III, the inspector general of the intelligence community, said in July, which was that her emails contained some classified information, whether it was marked so or not.
When asked if it was time for Vice President Joe Biden to make a decision about whether he is running for president or not, she said there should not be a time table to make that decision, according to CBS.
‘Whether you are encouraging or not, there comes a time where a decision has to be made. And certainly I’m not in any way suggesting or recommending that the vice president accept any time table other than the one that is clicking inside of him,’ she said. ‘He has to make this decision.’
On Sunday, House Benghazi Chairman Trey Gowdy advised fellow Republicans who are not involved in the committee’s work to stay quiet.
‘I have told my own Republican colleagues and friends, ‘Shut up talking about things that you don’t know anything about’,’ Gowdy said today on Face the Nation.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- Her Orders were to Take Down Flight 93 on 9/11, But Lt. Heather “Lucky” Penney Was Flying an Unarmed F-16
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- Vegas Police Arrest Student Issuing School Death Threats On Instagram — Unlike Broward County
- Seattle Seahawks Player Claims Cops ‘Racially Profiled’ Him — Cops Respond With All the Details He Omitted
- Trump’s Sexual Harassment Accusers Sit Down With Megyn Kelly
- WATCH: Body-Cam Footage Released of Police Hunting Down Las Vegas Shooter Stephen Paddock
- #WarriorChick: Man Gropes Woman and Says She “Likes it” Because She is “American” — Her Response Left Him Bruised and Beaten
- WATCH: Liberal Politician Wants to Make it Illegal to Manufacture Semi-Automatic Rifles, ‘Get Them Out Of Our Communities’
- Victory: Democrats Give in to GOP, Abandon the “Schumer Shutdown”
- FLASHBACK: When Trump Said McCain Was NOT a War Hero–He Was RIGHT
- When Scopes are a Bad Idea?
- UN Military Vehicles Roaming This American State–Is Obama Fulfilling His Promise of a Global Police Force?
- WATCH: Chick Accuses Cop of Racism, Then the Body Camera Footage is Released
- PRINCESS OR QUEEN: THE 11 DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DATING A GIRL VS A WOMAN