Ahead of giving testimony before the House Select Committee on Benghazi, Hillary Clinton said in an interview on Sunday that she considers the panel to be politically motivated.
‘I think it’s pretty clear that whatever they might have thought they were doing they ended up becoming a partisan arm of the Republican National Committee with an overwhelming focus on trying to – as they admitted – drive down my poll numbers,’ Clinton said on CNN’s State of the Union.
During the interview with CNN’s Jake Tapper, she reminded him that she had testified about Benghazi in the past, and that this was the eighth investigation into the attack that killed four.
‘I testified to the best of my ability before the Senate and the House. I don’t know that I have very much to add,’ she said.
Clinton is due to testify before the committee on Thursday. The committee questioned her senior aide, Huma Abedin, for six hours in a closed session on Friday.
She was secretary of state in September 2012 when U.S. facilities in Benghazi, Libya, were attacked, killing four Americans including U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens.
Democrats have argued that the 17-month-old probe is a political tool to damage Clinton as she seeks her party’s nomination in the November 2016 presidential election.
The Democratic presidential front-runner said she is unsure of the committee’s objective, according to Yahoo! Politics.
‘They’ve all looked into this and basically just rejected the conspiracy theories that are still floating in some circles,’ she said.
‘I will do my very best to answer their questions but I don’t really know what their objective is right now.’
When mentioned on CNN’s State of the Nation, Clinton laughed about what rival Bernie Sanders said about her ‘damn emails’ at Tuesday night’s debate.
She continued laughing when Tapper asked her about the FBI’s investigation into her emails – opening herself up to criticism that she’s making light of the ongoing scandal, which has caused her poll numbers to dip in recent months.
Clinton said that no classified information flowed through her system and knocked down what I. Charles McCollough III, the inspector general of the intelligence community, said in July, which was that her emails contained some classified information, whether it was marked so or not.
When asked if it was time for Vice President Joe Biden to make a decision about whether he is running for president or not, she said there should not be a time table to make that decision, according to CBS.
‘Whether you are encouraging or not, there comes a time where a decision has to be made. And certainly I’m not in any way suggesting or recommending that the vice president accept any time table other than the one that is clicking inside of him,’ she said. ‘He has to make this decision.’
On Sunday, House Benghazi Chairman Trey Gowdy advised fellow Republicans who are not involved in the committee’s work to stay quiet.
‘I have told my own Republican colleagues and friends, ‘Shut up talking about things that you don’t know anything about’,’ Gowdy said today on Face the Nation.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- REPORT: Hillary Got ‘PHYSICALLY VIOLENT’ After Losing–ATTACKED Staff and Had to be ‘Restrained’
- Informant on Clinton, Russia Uranium Deal has been Identified
- Skinny Dipping Biden: Female Secret Service Agents Hate Being Assigned to Biden, But Hillary is Worse
- VIDEO: Hillary Cries Hysterically After Losing–Blames Comey & Obama
- Self-Defense When Bugging Out: 7 Tips to Keep In Mind
- Bill Clinton Finally Being Targeted for His Sexual Abuse to Women [WATCH]
- 9yr-Old Girl Has Some Mad Crazy Handgun Skills [Video]
- WATCH: Drake Defends Female Fans After Man Gropes Them During Concert
- Texas Shooting: Two Heroes Who Chased Down Shooter Reveal What Happened
- Father With a Gun: Daughter Saved by Her Dad After Gang Tries to…
- A TASTE OF THEIR OWN MEDICINE: Syrian Rebels Release a Video of Them Shooting Islamic State Militants
- Senator Al Fraken Caught Sexually Harassing a Model
- New Muslim Barbie Comes Dressed in Hijab and Hatred Towards President Trump
- Gun Yoga, Is It a Real Thing? [WATCH]
- THE KILL LIST: Islamic State has Released List of American Cities They Plan on Attacking
- TERRIFYING: Family Trapped in Their Vehicle as LIONS Fight Over Carcass Under the WHEEL
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]
- WATCH: Judge Jeanine Rips Apart Michael Moore