Sen. Tom Cotton of Arkansas said on Tuesday that he was not trying to undermine President Barack Obama when he wrote a letter, signed by 46 Republican colleagues, warning Iran against making a deal with the United States on its nuclear program.
“This is about stopping Iran from getting a nuclear weapon,” he said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”
Obama said on Monday that the Republicans who signed the letter “want to make common cause with the hard-liners in Iran,” and Vice President Joe Biden said that they were trying an end run around the constitutional separation of powers.
Iran says that its nuclear ambitions are peaceful, and the Obama administration, which is working with five world powers toward an agreement, says that a deal is the best way to keep Iran from developing a nuclear weapon.
Read more: NBC News
- Colorado Passes New Conceal Carry Bill That Will Have Gun-Grabbers Freaking
- WATCH: Ted Nugent Goes After David Hogg — ‘So Brainwashed’ He Can’t ‘be Fixed’
- VIDEO: Armed Citizen Kills Restaurant Shooter
- AUDIO: Police Release Starbucks Recording that Proves Racism is NOT the Issue, Entitlement is
- WATCH: The Moment #Ferguson Thug Pulled Out his Gun to Shoot at Cops
- Bill Clinton: NY Times and Trump Colluded to Defeat Hillary
- Target: Man in Woman’s Bathroom Exposes Himself to Child
- WATCH: The Video Gun Controllers Are Terrified Of
- When Scopes are a Bad Idea?
- Nikolas Cruz ‘Smiling and Laughing’ in Life Behind Bars
- 2 Men Guilty of Gang Raping 13-Year-Old Girl Sentenced to Probation