Sen. Tom Cotton of Arkansas said on Tuesday that he was not trying to undermine President Barack Obama when he wrote a letter, signed by 46 Republican colleagues, warning Iran against making a deal with the United States on its nuclear program.
“This is about stopping Iran from getting a nuclear weapon,” he said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”
Obama said on Monday that the Republicans who signed the letter “want to make common cause with the hard-liners in Iran,” and Vice President Joe Biden said that they were trying an end run around the constitutional separation of powers.
Iran says that its nuclear ambitions are peaceful, and the Obama administration, which is working with five world powers toward an agreement, says that a deal is the best way to keep Iran from developing a nuclear weapon.
Read more: NBC News
- White House Hosts Ramadan Dinner, Trump was a No Show
- Bill Nye Writer Willing To Accept Deaths of “Old Ass Conservative White Men” If It Leads To Gun Control
- Missing 14yr-Old Girl Found Dead in Landfill, Police Need Your Help
- Socialist Bernie Sanders & Wife Under Bank Fraud Investigation by the FBI
- Video: Muslim Man Attacks Woman In Broad Daylight Because She Was Wearing…
- Delusional Pelosi Won’t Step Down — ‘I’m A Master Legislator!’
- 16-Month-Old Killed After Thug Father Viciously…
- Obama Judge Releases MS-13 Gang Member On The Biases Of…
- Question: Should Lawmakers Investigate James Comey and Robert Mueller?
- CNN Retracts Their Fake Russia/Trump News — Instantly Trolled [LOL]
- Watch: Thug Couple Beats Restaurant Owner and Her Daughter Over ‘Cold Chicken’
- Stevie Wonder Exposes Hypocrisy of Black Lives Matter in Awesome Speech!
- Hillary Clinton: Republicans are the ‘Death Party’
- Watch: Fed Up Drivers vs. Liberal Ding-Bats Blocking Traffic
- Trump Plummets ‘Refugee’ Resettlement Numbers — Destroys Obama’s Goals
- World’s Longest Shot Takes 10 Seconds to Wipe Out Target, an ISIS Militant
- Watch: One Person’s Fit of Road Rage Backfires, Cause Insane Chain Reaction
- Kids Raising Kids: Britain’s Youngest Parents are 12 and 13, but ‘Totally in Love’