Sen. Tom Cotton of Arkansas said on Tuesday that he was not trying to undermine President Barack Obama when he wrote a letter, signed by 46 Republican colleagues, warning Iran against making a deal with the United States on its nuclear program.
“This is about stopping Iran from getting a nuclear weapon,” he said on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”
Obama said on Monday that the Republicans who signed the letter “want to make common cause with the hard-liners in Iran,” and Vice President Joe Biden said that they were trying an end run around the constitutional separation of powers.
Iran says that its nuclear ambitions are peaceful, and the Obama administration, which is working with five world powers toward an agreement, says that a deal is the best way to keep Iran from developing a nuclear weapon.
Read more: NBC News
- POLL: Does President Trump Need to Apologize to Gold Star Widow Myeshia Johnson?
- UNLEASHED: Jimmy Carter Goes After Hillary, Obama & Russia Scandal — Says Trump is…
- GROSS: He/She Artist Collects 200 Gallons of Urine to Protest Trump — Demonstrates How [VIDEO]
- Disturbing: Grieving Husband Finds Nurse ‘Maintaining Relations’ with His Wife’s Corpse
- After Democrat Attacks Trump, Soldier’s Widow Releases Audio of Phone Call [WATCH]
- WATCH: Jesse Jackson Compares Playing for NFL & NBA to ‘Picking Cotton’
- NBC Gun “Expert” Caught LYING — Was This An Intentional Move To Push Gun Control?
- National Park Service to Give Big Money for Black Panther Monument, Even Though Organization Killed NPS Officer
- Michelle Obama Claims People Don’t Like Her Because of ‘Her Skin Color’
- WATCH: ‘Palestinian Steve Irwin’ Takes on Giant Snake in Hilarious Video
- WAR ON SPEECH CONTINUES: Conservative Commentator PEPPER SPRAYED At NYU — Professor Says Cops Should BEAT Up ‘Neo-Nazis’
- 20yr-Old Chick Draws Gun on Man Who Ran Over Her Family Members at Funeral
- Robert De Niro Exclaims ‘F**k you, Donald Trump’ During Charity Event — Plans to Prevent the President From…
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending
- ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis Issues Statement on North Korea That Makes President Trump’s Look Tame
- Black Gun Clubs and The Right To Bear Arms