Universities today are filled with the first children of the “everyone gets a trophy” generation. And it has done a horrible job of preparing any of these people for the real world.
It often seems like these so-called “social justice warriors” want to be as offended and oppressed as possible. Or as oneHarvard student put it, they’re “That walking campus cliché dedicated to rooting out today’s noxious isms and phobias—wherever they exist, and wherever they don’t.”
Don’t believe me?
The University of Ottowa recently banned yoga classes following complaints of “cultural genocide… due to colonialism and western supremacy.”
Students at Yale University demanded the resignation of certain faculty who held the “controversial” position that people should be able to wear whatever Halloween costumes they want.
Princeton University students have set up a “microaggression reporting service,” with one such notable contribution being a student who was “aggressed” by fellow students over the way he pronounces the word “cool whip,” which he claims can lead to binge drinking.
I’d take some time to explain the logic behind any of this if there was any.
But the good news is that at least one university president isn’t catering to and coddling his students.
Dr. Everett Piper, the president of Oklahoma Wesleyan University received a complaint from a student who felt “victimized” by a lecture he attended. Rather than bending over backwards (as so much others in his position have done), Piper published a fantastic response, titled “This is Not a Day Care. This is a University.”
This past week, I actually had a student come forward after a university chapel service and complain because he felt “victimized” by a sermon on the topic of 1 Corinthians 13. It appears that this young scholar felt offended because a homily on love made him feel bad for not showing love! In his mind, the speaker was wrong for making him, and his peers, feel uncomfortable.
Read more: thefederalistpapers.org
- HIT THE ROAD: Obama Ends Fundraising Event for Kids with Cancer for this Absurd Reason
- WATCH: Roseanne Barr Tells Jimmy Kimmel to “Zip That F***ing Lip,” When it Comes to Bashing Trump
- Man Named Alek Minassian Plows Pedestrians With Van — Kills 10 and Injures 15
- Bush Bashing Professor Randa Jarrar Will NOT be Punished by Fresno State
- Poll: David Hogg Has Officially Become Irrelevant — Do You LOVE This?
- Fancy Po Po: Dubai Police Sport Google Glasses while Driving Lamborghinis
- Loretta Lynch Slams Comey in Public Statement
- Report: Man Uses AR-15 to Save a Life
- TED CRUZ: Answered the Same Question Ben Carson did about a ‘Muslim President’, His Response Might Shock You
- WATCH: City Inspector Demands Store Owner REMOVE U.S. Military Flags, Insults Veteran at Store
- REPORT: Facebook’s Algorithm Change Boosting Liberals, Silencing Conservatives
- SUSPECT ‘DOWN’: Black SUV Shot to Bits by Authorities in San Bernardino
- U.S., Mexico Border: Caravan of Refugees Show Up, Asking for Asylum
- 90,000 Christians Killed Because of Faith and Joy Behar Decides to Mock Them [VIDEO]
- YOU’VE GOT TO BE KIDDING! U.S. Citizens Sign a Petition to Replace the AMERICAN Flag
- State County to Assign Armed Guards to Every Public School
- CAUGHT: Delusional, Taylor Swift Obsessed Gunman Kills 4 in Waffle House — Only Wearing a Jacket
- Hillary Collapses in UK — Has Now Cancelled All Scheduled Events