A North Carolina cop’s heartwarming Facebook post about his reunion with a man who tried to stab him last year has gone viral.
Raleigh officer JD Boyd shared a picture on his profile with the unidentified man that featured both of them grinning with their arms on each other’s shoulders.
‘Almost a year ago this man and I were involved in a major altercation where he tried to stab me in the head and I nearly shot him,’ the police officer wrote in the post.
‘Today we ran into each other again and I learned that after his time in prison and some help from probation he now has a full time job.’
Boyd also shared the news that the man was expecting another son before Christmas.
‘I was glad it ended well for us both that day,’ he writes, ‘and I am ecstatic now to learn that he has turned his life around and we can embrace as friends.’
Boyd then shared a thoughtful message that especially resonated with people who saw the popular post, which has more than 180,000 likes.
‘No one is ever lost forever,’ he writes.
‘And as long to continue to work to be a better version of yourself then you were yesterday things will work out eventually.’
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- CNN Reporter Claims School Shooting Survivor Colton Haab is a Liar
- Hundreds of Teachers Sign Up for Concealed Carry Class
- Florida’s ‘Teacher of the Year’ Points the Finger at Parents for Mass Shooting Epidemic — ‘Parents, it’s time to step up!’
- Thinking Past Step 1: Other Policy Changes to Improve School Security
- Nurse Caught on Camera Laughing as WWII Vet Dies Gasping for Breath
- Report: Father ‘Chained His Twin Daughters in Home, Raped Them and Fathered Their Children’
- Parkland High School Student Blames Media for Politicizing the School Shooting, Instead of Focusing on Students Who Lost Their Lives
- Gun Controllers Post ‘Kill the NRA’ Billboard — Organization Behind it Will Shock You
- VIDEO: Texas High School Plans on Suspending Students Protesting Gun Rights
- BLUBBER BUTT MOORE: #MichaelMoore Demands America to ‘Disarm the Police’
- House Passes “Concealed Carry Reciprocity” Bill
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Still Believes ‘Macho Atmosphere’ & ‘Sexism’ is Why Hillary Clinton Lost
- Artist Who Painted Obama’s Portrait LOVES to Paint White Women Being Beheaded
- Gun-Control Fact Sheet: If There are Any Facts to Refute the Gun-Control Argument, It’s These
- POLL: Conservatives Push to Have Mitch McConnell Resign, Do You Agree With Them?
- Man Claims He is a ‘9yr-Old Trapped’ in a Man’s Body After Being Arrested for Sexually Assaulting Children
- Authorities Confirm: 4 Times More People Killed with a Blade Than a Rifle
- Women’s Concealed Carry: Where Do We Hide the Gun?