Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant declared April Confederate Heritage Month on a pro-Confederate website, following a path similar that states have taken in the past.
Bryant’s proclamation was posted to the Mississippi Sons of Confederate Veterans website, but not to the governor’s site. He signed it days before legislators killed bills that would have either removed the Confederate battle emblem from the 122-year-old state flag or stripped money from colleges and local governments that refuse to fly the current banner.
The Jackson Free Press, a weekly newspaper, first reported the proclamation Wednesday and noted that other Southern state governors have passed similar proclamations. Georgia designates each April as Confederate History and Heritage month.
The paper noted that the Sons of Confederate Veterans group is against the changing of the Mississippi flag and “pushes a revisionist history about the Civil War.”
Read more: Fox News
- CNN Reporter SHAMES 12yr-Old Girls for Not Wanting to See ‘Penises’ in Their Locker Rooms — Preaches Tolerance for…
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment
- LMAO: Watch Nancy Pelosi’s Face at the Moment Trump Said, an ‘Imploding Obamacare Disaster’
- Arkansas Might Remove the Clinton’s Name from Their Airport — Should They Do It?
- Feminist Lawyer Attempted to Bribe Women Who Accused Trump of Sexual Misconduct
- Off-Duty Officer Pulls Gun & Fires During Altercation with Group of Teens — Should He Be Punished?
- OBAMA: ‘People Will Look Back… And See I Was Right And Trump Was Wrong’
- WATCH: CNN Anchor Says Americans Should Wear HIJABS to Show Solidarity to Fearful Muslims
- REVEALED: Obama’s State Department Made Deal with Hillary Clinton to Keep Certain Documents Secret
- WATCH: Female ISIS Captives Remove Their Veils and BURN Them
- Gator Bites Man While Bathing in Pond: “It ate his toes off.”
- DEAR AMERICA: Do You Agree Trump Should Dismantle the Iran Deal?
- WATCH: Trump Humiliates BBC Reporter After Her ‘Hard Hitting’ Question and it’s EPIC!
- LEAKED: James Comey’s Shocking Edits to His Public Statement On Hillary Clinton Probe
- TRUMP: Democrats Using Fabricated Stories from Women After Failed Russia Collusion Case