Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant declared April Confederate Heritage Month on a pro-Confederate website, following a path similar that states have taken in the past.
Bryant’s proclamation was posted to the Mississippi Sons of Confederate Veterans website, but not to the governor’s site. He signed it days before legislators killed bills that would have either removed the Confederate battle emblem from the 122-year-old state flag or stripped money from colleges and local governments that refuse to fly the current banner.
The Jackson Free Press, a weekly newspaper, first reported the proclamation Wednesday and noted that other Southern state governors have passed similar proclamations. Georgia designates each April as Confederate History and Heritage month.
The paper noted that the Sons of Confederate Veterans group is against the changing of the Mississippi flag and “pushes a revisionist history about the Civil War.”
Read more: Fox News
- California Appoints Illegal Alien to Office
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Conservative Activists Detained by Airport Police in UK — Preventing Them from Inciting “Hatred”
- Megyn Kelly Off the Air After Attacking Jane Fonda
- School Parades Kindergarteners in Gun-Control ‘Walkout’ — Did They Exploit the Children?
- CAUGHT: Trump Sniffs Out Biggest Iranian Spy in White House
- Alert: High School Shooting, One Dead and Multiple Wounded
- Nikolas Cruz ‘Smiling and Laughing’ in Life Behind Bars
- DEAR AMERICA: Should Donald Trump ACCEPT This Executive Order on the Second Amendment?
- Senator Kamala Harris Completes ‘Democrat Stupidity Course’ After Tweeting this Moronic Statement on Illegal Immigration
- Why I Killed Jeffrey Dahmer
- Identical Twin Studies Show the Only Gay Genes that Exist are Made by Versace
- Allah Adios: Muslim Migrants Finally Get Deported from US Under Trump Admin
- Young Woman Attacked and Stabbed — Turns the Table on Her Attacker and Gets His Knife
- Watch: DREAMer Goes After Pelosi and Schumer, Thanks Trump Instead
- WATCH: Katy Perry Forces Kiss on American Idol Contestant, is He a #MeToo Victim?
- REPORT: Facebook’s Algorithm Change Boosting Liberals, Silencing Conservatives