Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant declared April Confederate Heritage Month on a pro-Confederate website, following a path similar that states have taken in the past.
Bryant’s proclamation was posted to the Mississippi Sons of Confederate Veterans website, but not to the governor’s site. He signed it days before legislators killed bills that would have either removed the Confederate battle emblem from the 122-year-old state flag or stripped money from colleges and local governments that refuse to fly the current banner.
The Jackson Free Press, a weekly newspaper, first reported the proclamation Wednesday and noted that other Southern state governors have passed similar proclamations. Georgia designates each April as Confederate History and Heritage month.
The paper noted that the Sons of Confederate Veterans group is against the changing of the Mississippi flag and “pushes a revisionist history about the Civil War.”
Read more: Fox News
- BREAKING: Terror Attack on Pedestrians, Mowed Down by Van — Terrorist Take Hostages at Gun Point
- If Trump is Responsible for Death at Charlottesville, Then Isn’t Obama Responsible for these 5 Murders?
- Report: Charlottesville’s Neo-Nazi Organizer Was Former Occupy Activist, Supported Obama
- Missouri Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal: ‘I Hope Trump Is Assassinated!’
- Baltimore Removes All Confederate Statues in Middle of Night
- Woman is Stabbed. Two Unarmed Men Try Saving Her, Get Stabbed. Then Dude With Gun Shows Up…
- Democrat Steve Cohen is Introducing Impeachment Articles for President Trump Over Charlottesville
- White House Fact Sheet: How Trump and Sessions Have Combated Lawless Sanctuary Cities
- Michigan Forces Grandparents to Choose Between Their Guns and Grandchild…
- Obama Breaks Silence–5 Worded Response on Charlotte RIOTS Will Have You Dropping Your Jaw [SHOCKING]
- All the Details Behind Car Attack in Charlottesville are Released, Man Behind Wheel Was… [UPDATE]
- Pastor is Now Demanding Removal of George Washington Statue Because He Owned Slaves…
- Prayers For Trump! Group of Pastors form Prayer Circle with President in the Oval
- ‘They Brought it on Themselves’: Dallas Commissioner Votes Against Honoring Police Officers Murdered by BLM Supporter
- GOOD JOB DAD: Father Gave his College Daughter a Gun, Saves her Life During Home Invasion
- Cop Mohammed Noor Shot Yoga Teacher From Patrol Car, While Reaching Over His Partner