A rescue medic fell out of a helicopter and plummeted to her death Monday while she tried to save an injured hiker on a Texas trail, officials said.
Kristin McLain, a 46-year-old Travis County emergency nurse, died after she fell from her team’s helicopter while it was on a rescue mission in Austin, Travis County STAR Flight said in a statement.
A team from STAR Flight, Texas’ aerial emergency medical transport, was called to rescue a woman who had fallen while walking through Austin’s Barton Creek Greenbelt Monday night. They found the wounded hiker just before 10 p.m. and began hoisting her into the aircraft.
Read more: nydailynews.com
- Colorado Passes New Conceal Carry Bill That Will Have Gun-Grabbers Freaking
- WATCH: Ted Nugent Goes After David Hogg — ‘So Brainwashed’ He Can’t ‘be Fixed’
- Bill Clinton: NY Times and Trump Colluded to Defeat Hillary
- #WarriorChick: Man Gropes Woman and Says She “Likes it” Because She is “American” — Her Response Left Him Bruised and Beaten
- VIDEO: Armed Citizen Kills Restaurant Shooter
- BREAKING: FBI Files Linking Hillary Clinton to SUICIDE of White House Council Vince Foster Go MISSING
- AUDIO: Police Release Starbucks Recording that Proves Racism is NOT the Issue, Entitlement is
- WATCH: The Moment #Ferguson Thug Pulled Out his Gun to Shoot at Cops
- SPRING BREAK HORRORS: Cops on the Search for Naked Female ‘Who May Be in Danger’ after Seen Trying to Flee Group of Guys
- Professor Who Called Trump’s Win ‘an Act of Terrorism’ Will Receive This as a Reward
- Target: Man in Woman’s Bathroom Exposes Himself to Child
- Formerly Known Boy Scouts Loses Over 400,000 Members
- WATCH: The Video Gun Controllers Are Terrified Of
- When Scopes are a Bad Idea?
- Nikolas Cruz ‘Smiling and Laughing’ in Life Behind Bars
- 2 Men Guilty of Gang Raping 13-Year-Old Girl Sentenced to Probation