Facebook shut down the account of train attack suspect Ayoub El-Khazzani for “terrorist content” within hours of the shooting, a spokeswoman for the social media giant said Tuesday.
The account was deactivated Saturday for “violating policies and community standards that forbid content promoting terrorism” and “terrorist content,” company spokeswoman Michelle Gilbert told NBC News. She did not provide further details.
Police reportedly believed the 26-year-old Moroccan’s account might have been deleted by an accomplice after Friday night’s attack and ensuing struggle, which left an American in hospital with gun wounds.
Prosecutors in Paris were expected to announce later Tuesday whether they would bring charges against Khazzani or request an extension to his police custody.
Local television news channel BFM-TV showed pictures of a police convoy as Khazzani was reportedly brought before a judge.
Read more: NBC News
- Megyn Kelly Off the Air After Attacking Jane Fonda
- Report: California Just Made it Legal for Illegal Immigrants to Vote
- Report: NFL Refuses to Air Pro-Veteran Ad During Super Bowl Asking Fans to Stand
- Watch: CNN Does Its Job and Corrects Fake News Democrats
- Pedophile Imprisoned for Sexually Abusing Young Boy is Found Dead in Jail
- Victory: Democrats Give in to GOP, Abandon the “Schumer Shutdown”
- ICE to Crack Down on California the Sanctuary State
- WHAT WOULD JESUS CARRY? Packing in Church
- Newsweek: ‘Hillary Clinton could still become president if Russia probe finds conspiracy evidence’
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- RECRUITERS TOLD NOT TO WEAR UNIFORMS: This Soldier Thinks That’s Bullsh-t
- Alert: High School Shooting, One Dead and Multiple Wounded
- James Carville Says 80% Of Democrats Are Politically Clueless
- MSNBC Anchor Joy Reid Claims Media Favorability for Republicans is Only Reason Democrats Look Bad — Yup
- NFL Star, Benjamin Watson, Delivers BRUTAL Truth Bombs About Blacks & Abortion
- REPORT: NFL Will Lose $500 Million as Fans Revolt
- ‘FCK DA POLICE’: #Ferguson Shooter’s Thug Life Proudly Displayed on Social Media