Attorneys for Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl said they may seek a deposition from Donald Trump or call him as a witness at a legal proceeding, saying they fear his comments could affect their client’s right to a fair trial.
Bergdahl’s attorney Army Lt. Col. Franklin Rosenblatt asked Trump in a letter dated on Saturday for an interview to discuss his comments about Bergdahl, who faces military charges after walking off a post in Afghanistan in 2009.
Defense attorney Eugene Fidell previously asked, publicly, that Trump cease making comments about Bergdahl, such as his comment in October that the soldier was a ‘traitor, a no-good traitor, who should have been executed.’
Fidell has also previously said that Trump gave incorrect information about rescue efforts for Bergdahl during public speeches.
He said the Republican presidential candidate’s statements could affect Bergahl’s right to a fair trial.
Read more: Daily Mail
- School Parades Kindergarteners in Gun-Control ‘Walkout’ — Did They Exploit the Children?
- WATCH: CNN Busted on Gun-Control Agenda, On Their Own Network
- ‘Nails and Shrapnel’: Bomb Headed to Austin Explodes at FedEx
- PETA Bounty: Alleged Frenchman Kicks Squirrel into Grand Canyon, PETA Places $16K Bounty on His Head
- VIDEO: Donald Hits Back at CNN–‘The CLINTON News Network’
- WATCH: CNN Goes to Gun Range to Shoot AR-15, Proves Gun-Controllers Have No Clue What They are Talking About
- One Student SUSPENDED for Not Walking Out During Anti-Gun Protest
- Self-Proclaimed ‘Trump Supporter’ Breaches Security at Tower With Bag of Weapons & Fireworks… to ‘Study’ for School
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Trey Gowdy Slams McCabe: ‘Fellow Bureau Agents’ Suggested He Be Fired, Not Trump’s Fault
- NAKED SPRING BREAKER FOUND: Un-Harmmed and Underaged, the Female Photographed Came Forward to the Police
- Report: Shooting at Maryland School — Armed Resource Officer Does His Job and Saves Dozens
- Steven Seagal Accused of Sexual Assault
- Barbra Streisand: I’m No #MeToo Victim, I Was Never Sexually Harassed
- KICK THE KICK: New Recoil Pad Takes The Shock Out Of The Shot
- WATCH: The Video Gun Controllers Are Terrified Of
- Hillary Collapses in UK — Has Now Cancelled All Scheduled Events