Attorneys for Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl said they may seek a deposition from Donald Trump or call him as a witness at a legal proceeding, saying they fear his comments could affect their client’s right to a fair trial.
Bergdahl’s attorney Army Lt. Col. Franklin Rosenblatt asked Trump in a letter dated on Saturday for an interview to discuss his comments about Bergdahl, who faces military charges after walking off a post in Afghanistan in 2009.
Defense attorney Eugene Fidell previously asked, publicly, that Trump cease making comments about Bergdahl, such as his comment in October that the soldier was a ‘traitor, a no-good traitor, who should have been executed.’
Fidell has also previously said that Trump gave incorrect information about rescue efforts for Bergdahl during public speeches.
He said the Republican presidential candidate’s statements could affect Bergahl’s right to a fair trial.
Read more: Daily Mail
- White House Hosts Ramadan Dinner, Trump was a No Show
- Bill Nye Writer Willing To Accept Deaths of “Old Ass Conservative White Men” If It Leads To Gun Control
- Missing 14yr-Old Girl Found Dead in Landfill, Police Need Your Help
- Socialist Bernie Sanders & Wife Under Bank Fraud Investigation by the FBI
- Video: Muslim Man Attacks Woman In Broad Daylight Because She Was Wearing…
- Delusional Pelosi Won’t Step Down — ‘I’m A Master Legislator!’
- 16-Month-Old Killed After Thug Father Viciously…
- CNN Retracts Their Fake Russia/Trump News — Instantly Trolled [LOL]
- Obama Judge Releases MS-13 Gang Member On The Biases Of…
- Question: Should Lawmakers Investigate James Comey and Robert Mueller?
- Watch: Thug Couple Beats Restaurant Owner and Her Daughter Over ‘Cold Chicken’
- Stevie Wonder Exposes Hypocrisy of Black Lives Matter in Awesome Speech!
- Hillary Clinton: Republicans are the ‘Death Party’
- Watch: Fed Up Drivers vs. Liberal Ding-Bats Blocking Traffic
- Democrat on Scalise Shooting: ‘I’m F**king Glad He Got Shot’ [AUDIO]
- Trump Plummets ‘Refugee’ Resettlement Numbers — Destroys Obama’s Goals
- Report: Why Firing Nancy Pelosi is Harder Than it Sounds
- World’s Longest Shot Takes 10 Seconds to Wipe Out Target, an ISIS Militant