New York billionaire Donald Trump remains the man to beat in the Republican race for the 2016 presidential nomination, as the real estate tycoon is still perched atop the race in the latest poll released Monday.
The survey by NBC News and The Wall Street Journal finds Trump at 25 percent – his highest rating ever – while retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson seems to have solidified his hold on second place.
Five GOP candidates – South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, former New York Gov. George Pataki, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal and former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore – are all polling at zero.
Both Trump and Carson had reason to cheer the poll results. Trump has climbed four percentage points in the past month, while Carson has nudged upward by two percent.
At the time of his campaign announcement, Trump was at only 1 percent, reflecting how rapid his raise has been. Carson was at 11 percent at the time.
Trump entered the race in mid-June and began leading it on July 20, according to the political polling Web site Real Clear Politics. In doing so, he deposed former front-runner Jeb Bush.
Bush’s tumble down the polls is also clear – the former Florida governor was at 23 percent in mid-April, but he stands at just 8 percent today.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- 2 Men Guilty of Gang Raping 13-Year-Old Girl Sentenced to Probation
- WATCH: Sarah Sanders Hammers the Media for Criticizing Trump’s MS-13 ‘Animals’ Comment
- ‘Caravan’ of Refugees Climb U.S.-Mexico Border While Chanting, “Yes We Can!”
- Bad Parents: Baby Found Starved Nearly To Death By Lazy Parents
- Santa Fe School Shooter Killed High School Crush During Attack
- WATCH: Body-Cam Footage Released of Police Hunting Down Las Vegas Shooter Stephen Paddock
- WATCH: Katy Perry Forces Kiss on American Idol Contestant, is He a #MeToo Victim?
- AUDIO: Police Release Starbucks Recording that Proves Racism is NOT the Issue, Entitlement is
- WATCH: CNN Busted on Gun-Control Agenda, On Their Own Network
- Trump Ends Worst Obama-Era Policy: ‘America will not be held hostage to nuclear blackmail.’
- Target: Man in Woman’s Bathroom Exposes Himself to Child
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Quit Acting to ‘Save Our Democracy’ from Donald Trump