New York billionaire Donald Trump remains the man to beat in the Republican race for the 2016 presidential nomination, as the real estate tycoon is still perched atop the race in the latest poll released Monday.
The survey by NBC News and The Wall Street Journal finds Trump at 25 percent – his highest rating ever – while retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson seems to have solidified his hold on second place.
Five GOP candidates – South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, former New York Gov. George Pataki, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal and former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore – are all polling at zero.
Both Trump and Carson had reason to cheer the poll results. Trump has climbed four percentage points in the past month, while Carson has nudged upward by two percent.
At the time of his campaign announcement, Trump was at only 1 percent, reflecting how rapid his raise has been. Carson was at 11 percent at the time.
Trump entered the race in mid-June and began leading it on July 20, according to the political polling Web site Real Clear Politics. In doing so, he deposed former front-runner Jeb Bush.
Bush’s tumble down the polls is also clear – the former Florida governor was at 23 percent in mid-April, but he stands at just 8 percent today.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- Report: California Just Made it Legal for Illegal Immigrants to Vote
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- Watch: CNN Does Its Job and Corrects Fake News Democrats
- Victory: Democrats Give in to GOP, Abandon the “Schumer Shutdown”
- Watch: Security Footage Captures Dramatic Shoot-Out Between Cops and Armed Robbers
- Oakland Mayor Vows to Go to Jail to Protect Sanctuary City
- Pedophile Imprisoned for Sexually Abusing Young Boy is Found Dead in Jail
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]
- ICE to Crack Down on California the Sanctuary State
- Three Thugs Were Just Arrested for Stealing Guns in Baton Rouge–Posed ‘Credible Threat’ to Harm Police…
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- Newsweek: ‘Hillary Clinton could still become president if Russia probe finds conspiracy evidence’
- Photo Gallery
- RECRUITERS TOLD NOT TO WEAR UNIFORMS: This Soldier Thinks That’s Bullsh-t
- LOL: Trump Thanks Democrats for Shutting Down the Government on His One Year Presidential Anniversary
- Harpy Feminist Cries Dunkirk is too ‘Manly’
- Alert: High School Shooting, One Dead and Multiple Wounded
- Border Patrol Union President: ‘Miraculous’ Drop in Border Crossing with President Trump