New York billionaire Donald Trump remains the man to beat in the Republican race for the 2016 presidential nomination, as the real estate tycoon is still perched atop the race in the latest poll released Monday.
The survey by NBC News and The Wall Street Journal finds Trump at 25 percent – his highest rating ever – while retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson seems to have solidified his hold on second place.
Five GOP candidates – South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham, former New York Gov. George Pataki, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal and former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore – are all polling at zero.
Both Trump and Carson had reason to cheer the poll results. Trump has climbed four percentage points in the past month, while Carson has nudged upward by two percent.
At the time of his campaign announcement, Trump was at only 1 percent, reflecting how rapid his raise has been. Carson was at 11 percent at the time.
Trump entered the race in mid-June and began leading it on July 20, according to the political polling Web site Real Clear Politics. In doing so, he deposed former front-runner Jeb Bush.
Bush’s tumble down the polls is also clear – the former Florida governor was at 23 percent in mid-April, but he stands at just 8 percent today.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- POLL: Does President Trump Need to Apologize to Gold Star Widow Myeshia Johnson?
- GROSS: He/She Artist Collects 200 Gallons of Urine to Protest Trump — Demonstrates How [VIDEO]
- UNLEASHED: Jimmy Carter Goes After Hillary, Obama & Russia Scandal — Says Trump is…
- National Park Service to Give Big Money for Black Panther Monument, Even Though Organization Killed NPS Officer
- Meet the Liberal Behind $10 MILLION Impeachment Plan Against Trump
- After Democrat Attacks Trump, Soldier’s Widow Releases Audio of Phone Call [WATCH]
- NBC Gun “Expert” Caught LYING — Was This An Intentional Move To Push Gun Control?
- Disturbing: Grieving Husband Finds Nurse ‘Maintaining Relations’ with His Wife’s Corpse
- HuffPo Writer Claims Trump Needs to be EXECUTED Because Impeachment is No Longer Enough
- Watch: Chuck Schumer Hammered on Senate Floor for Lying About Trump Being Under Investigation
- Dude Waves Communist Flag at Trump Rally — Watch What Happens to Him Next
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]
- Colin Kaepernick Claims All 32 NFL Teams are ‘Conspiring Against Him’ — Files Grievance
- WATCH: ‘Palestinian Steve Irwin’ Takes on Giant Snake in Hilarious Video
- WAR ON SPEECH CONTINUES: Conservative Commentator PEPPER SPRAYED At NYU — Professor Says Cops Should BEAT Up ‘Neo-Nazis’
- 20yr-Old Chick Draws Gun on Man Who Ran Over Her Family Members at Funeral