By Cameron Joseph
Good luck stopping Donald Trump now.
The bellicose billionaire’s big win in evangelical-heavy South Carolina, on the heels of a commanding victory in New Hampshire, shows he’s built a coalition of voters that cuts across ideology and geography. His biggest threat on the right, Ted Cruz, came up far short in a state he badly needed to win. The next slate of states are heavy on blue-collar anti-establishment Republicans. And unless more of Trump’s opponents drop out — and soon — it’s hard to see how anyone will be able to coalesce enough support to slow down his momentum in the next month.
“It’s going to get a lot harder to stop him from here on out,” said Republican strategist Patrick Ruffini.
Trump’s double-digit victory comes in a state that seemed tailor-made for Cruz: Southern, conservative, chock full of evangelical Christians. It’s hard to see what’s going to change between now and March 1, when a dozen states head to the polls — including a heavy chunk of Deep South territory that Trump looks well-poised to dominate.
After a quick jaunt to Nevada next week, the calendar turns to the so-called “SEC primary” — a treasure trove of delegates in a dozen states, seven of them in the South. It’s hard to see how Cruz dominates in Georgia, Arkansas or Alabama after his disappointing South Carolina finish.
And while Rubio will be helped by the exit of former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, the upcoming slate of states is mostly rocky terrain for him.
Read more: Mashable
- Trump Retaliates After Democrat ‘Fabricated’ Slain Soldier Story — He Has Proof
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- BREAKING: Armed and Dangerous Killer on the Run — At Least 3 Dead
- CNN Commentator: When it Come to Criticizing NFL Players “White People Don’t Get to…”
- Hillary Collapses in UK — Has Now Cancelled All Scheduled Events
- 2,800 New Hillary Clinton Emails Recovered Off of Anthony Weiner’s Laptop
- WATCH: Slew of Celebrities Ask Americans to ‘Reject’ the NRA, Conceal Carry Do to…
- Awkward: Compilation Video of Celebrities Thanking Harvey Weinstein Goes Viral [WATCH]
- Gun Grabbing ‘Logic’: Dianne Feinstein Claims Constitution Does NOT Protect Conceal Carry — All 40 Million Americans She Represents Would Never Want a… [VIDEO]
- CONFIRMED: FBI Says Comey Did Draft Letter On Clinton Before Completing the Investigation
- Joy Behar Forbids Attacks on Comedians Because ‘We’re Important People Right Now’ [WATCH]
- Man Teases Bear With Food — Biggest Mistake of His Life
- WATCH: ‘Palestinian Steve Irwin’ Takes on Giant Snake in Hilarious Video
- POLL: Conservatives Push to Have Mitch McConnell Resign, Do You Agree With Them?
- Python Swallows Deer Whole in Seconds in Jaw Dropping Video, Or So We Think…
- WATCH: Hillary Clinton Greeted by a Swarm of ‘Boos’
- Vegas Shooting Survivor: ‘One week I was running from bullets, the next I was running from fire’
- University Cop Shot in the Back of the Head