By Cameron Joseph
Good luck stopping Donald Trump now.
The bellicose billionaire’s big win in evangelical-heavy South Carolina, on the heels of a commanding victory in New Hampshire, shows he’s built a coalition of voters that cuts across ideology and geography. His biggest threat on the right, Ted Cruz, came up far short in a state he badly needed to win. The next slate of states are heavy on blue-collar anti-establishment Republicans. And unless more of Trump’s opponents drop out — and soon — it’s hard to see how anyone will be able to coalesce enough support to slow down his momentum in the next month.
“It’s going to get a lot harder to stop him from here on out,” said Republican strategist Patrick Ruffini.
Trump’s double-digit victory comes in a state that seemed tailor-made for Cruz: Southern, conservative, chock full of evangelical Christians. It’s hard to see what’s going to change between now and March 1, when a dozen states head to the polls — including a heavy chunk of Deep South territory that Trump looks well-poised to dominate.
After a quick jaunt to Nevada next week, the calendar turns to the so-called “SEC primary” — a treasure trove of delegates in a dozen states, seven of them in the South. It’s hard to see how Cruz dominates in Georgia, Arkansas or Alabama after his disappointing South Carolina finish.
And while Rubio will be helped by the exit of former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, the upcoming slate of states is mostly rocky terrain for him.
Read more: Mashable
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- BLM Activist Makes List of Requests for White People: ‘give up the home you own to a black or brown family.’
- Armed Intruder Breaks into Family’s Apartment, Tries Raping Daughter — Enter the Pissed Off Father…
- Policewoman Shoots Down 4 Jihadis by Herself — Video Footage Revealed
- REPORT: Debbie Wasserman Schultz’ IT Aide May Have Sold State Secrets to Russia, Pakistan
- Senator Apologizes for ‘Assassinate Trump’ Comment… Almost a Week Later
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- Should Antifa be Labeled as a Terror Organization? This Petition Says It Should.
- Watch: Hipsters Believe America Should Model Economy Like Venezuela’s to Have Income Equality
- Arizona Court Rules Guns are Loaded, Even When Empty…
- Apparently Saint and Little Native American Boy Statue is White Supremacy…
- Democrat Steve Cohen is Introducing Impeachment Articles for President Trump Over Charlottesville
- #BlackLivesMatter Are Planning ‘DAY OF RAGE’ in 37 Cities–Is Yours On The List?
- Charlottesville Police Chief Says Everyone was Guilty of Violence: ‘Mutually Combating Individuals In The Crowd’
- Question: Should Lawmakers Investigate James Comey and Robert Mueller?
- Pastor is Now Demanding Removal of George Washington Statue Because He Owned Slaves…
- The Key to Basic Handgun Training? K.I.S.S. [Watch]
- All You Need To Know About “Assault” Rifles