By Cameron Joseph
Good luck stopping Donald Trump now.
The bellicose billionaire’s big win in evangelical-heavy South Carolina, on the heels of a commanding victory in New Hampshire, shows he’s built a coalition of voters that cuts across ideology and geography. His biggest threat on the right, Ted Cruz, came up far short in a state he badly needed to win. The next slate of states are heavy on blue-collar anti-establishment Republicans. And unless more of Trump’s opponents drop out — and soon — it’s hard to see how anyone will be able to coalesce enough support to slow down his momentum in the next month.
“It’s going to get a lot harder to stop him from here on out,” said Republican strategist Patrick Ruffini.
Trump’s double-digit victory comes in a state that seemed tailor-made for Cruz: Southern, conservative, chock full of evangelical Christians. It’s hard to see what’s going to change between now and March 1, when a dozen states head to the polls — including a heavy chunk of Deep South territory that Trump looks well-poised to dominate.
After a quick jaunt to Nevada next week, the calendar turns to the so-called “SEC primary” — a treasure trove of delegates in a dozen states, seven of them in the South. It’s hard to see how Cruz dominates in Georgia, Arkansas or Alabama after his disappointing South Carolina finish.
And while Rubio will be helped by the exit of former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, the upcoming slate of states is mostly rocky terrain for him.
Read more: Mashable
- Gun-Control Fact Sheet: If There are Any Facts to Refute the Gun-Control Argument, It’s These
- Hundreds of Teachers Sign Up for Concealed Carry Class
- No Liberals, America is NOT the Worst Western Country When it Comes to Mass Shootings
- Gun Controllers Post ‘Kill the NRA’ Billboard — Organization Behind it Will Shock You
- CNN’s Chris Cuomo Tries Peddling False Report on Buying an “AR-15 in Five Minutes”
- One School has Armed Their Staff with Guns After Florida Shooting — Good Idea?
- Billy Graham’s Final Message to the World Before He Passed Away
- Army Awards Slain JROTC Cadets for Their Heroism During Parkland School Shooting
- Sex Robot Conference Proposes Child Sex Bots to ‘Cure’ Pedophilia
- ISIS Gives New Meaning to Craigslist Killers, Lures Hostages by…
- CNN Shocked After Iowa Voters Say What They Really Think About Russia Investigation [Watch]
- BARF IT’S HARF: Watch State Dep. Marie Harf’s Latest Interview, It’s Worse than her Last One
- WATCH: California Teacher Calls Military ‘Lowest of Our Low’
- The Hero Coach Who Saved Dozens of Students by Sacrificing Himself
- Watch: Laura Ingraham Tells LeBron James to ‘Shut Up and Dribble’ After His Trump Comment
- Watch: The Horrifying Footage of What Happened Inside School During Florida Massacre
- WATCH: When This Thug is Caught Messing with This Man’s Wife Things Get Bad Real Quick
- WATCH: Classmate of Nikolas Cruz Reported Him Multiple Times and Claims ‘He talked about killing our friends’