The latest on an explosion that targeted a bus carrying Tunisian presidential guards in the capital, Tunis. All times local.
The United States is condemning Tuesday’s attack against members of Tunisia’s security forces.
National Security Council spokesman Ned Price says the U.S. extends its deepest condolences to the families and loved ones of those killed and wounded.
Price says the U.S. is also prepared to help Tunisian authorities as they investigate the attack. He says terrorists are trying to use fear and violence to undermine important gains the Tunisian people have made in pursuit of a democratic, stable and prosperous country.
He says the U.S. will continue to provide economic and security support to the country.
The Islamic State group has claimed responsibility for an attack in central Tunis carrying Tunisia’s presidential guards.
In a statement posted on the Internet on Wednesday, the group says a militant it identified as Abu Abdullah al-Tunisi carried out the attack after infiltrating the bus and killing around 20 “apostates.”
Read more: US News
- MSNBC Host Claims Antifa is ‘on the Side of Angels’
- College Pays Professors Huge Settlement After ‘Ban of White People’ on Campus Threatened Their Lives [Video]
- CNN Made to Report Trump’s ‘Wiretap’ Accusations May Have Been True
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Kim Jong-un Needs to be Terrified of Sec Def Mattis’ First Course of Action After NK Recent Missile Launch
- Bill O’Reilly Breaks His Silence: His Firing was a ‘Political and Financial Hit Job’ [Video]
- White Chick Claims Police Arresting Looters is ‘White Supremacy’
- Chelsea Handler: ‘Black White Supremacy’ is a Real Thing
- ROAD RAGE: This Guy Wants Everyone to Know What he Thinks of Obama and It’s Awesome [PHOTO]
- Here is How Miami Police are Handling the Hurricane Irma Looters…
- WATCH: Leaked Footage Shows Clintons Celebrating Election ‘Victory’… a Little Too Early [VIRAL VIDEO]
- Watch: Bannon Breaks His Silence After Leaving the White House — Throws Punches Left & Right
- ANTIFA Protester Hits MAGA Man, Then All Hell Breaks Loose [Video]
- ANTIFA: Violence is Necessary
- When You’re Trying to Riot and Your Mom Shows Up [WATCH]
- AUNT FROM HELL: ‘The Law Said I HAD To Sue’
- Woman Arrested after Trying to Flush Newborn Baby Down the Toilet
- Her Orders were to Take Down Flight 93 on 9/11, But Lt. Heather “Lucky” Penney Was Flying an Unarmed F-16