Two Islamic school teachers who beat a 10-year-old boy with a stick for reciting the Koran incorrectly have been jailed for a year.
Mohammed Siddique, 60, and his son Mohammed Waqar, 24, admitted wilful cruelty to a child under 16.
The four attacks took place at the Jamia Mosque in Sparkbrook, Birmingham, between May and June 2014, Birmingham Crown Court heard.
The pair, from the Tyseley area of the city, also face a teaching ban.
Sam Forsyth, prosecuting, said the victim was beaten with a plastic stick and given back-of-the-hand slaps by each of his tutors for “talking in the classroom” at a Birmingham Islamic centre.
The boy was hit during four separate incidents, with photographs of his injuries showing “extensive” bruising to the back of his legs.
Read more: BBC
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- Watch: The Horrifying Footage of What Happened Inside School During Florida Massacre
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Quit Acting to ‘Save Our Democracy’ from Donald Trump
- Parkland High School Student Blames Media for Politicizing the School Shooting, Instead of Focusing on Students Who Lost Their Lives
- Watch: Laura Ingraham Tells LeBron James to ‘Shut Up and Dribble’ After His Trump Comment
- VIDEO: Students ‘Protest’ Gun Violence by Laying Around Doing Nothing
- Little Girl was Going to Attend Daddy-Daughter Dance Alone, Until This Soldier Showed Up
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- WATCH: Mariah Carey Caught Lip Syncing During NYE Performance–Storms Off Stage, But Not Before She Said This…
- PRO GUN WIN: See How this Judge Just Changed the Game for Gun Owners
- Gun-Control Fact Sheet: If There are Any Facts to Refute the Gun-Control Argument, It’s These
- The Hero Coach Who Saved Dozens of Students by Sacrificing Himself
- Nikolas Cruz was Member of White Supremacist Militia — UPADET, Police Find No Link
- Grandmother Stops School Shooting Plot in Washington State
- How the FBI Failed to Track Down Florida Shooter After YouTube Threat Using His Real Name
- Watch: Democrat Senator Admits Trump is Right About the Wall