Those hoping for a popular resurgence for gun control are having their ambitions smashed by two major opinion polls showing strong opposition to further restrictions and widespread support for concealed weapons.
A CNN/ORC poll released Wednesday shows 52% of Americans oppose more gun control laws compared with 46% who want the government to tighten regulations.
Opposition to gun control has grown since CNN’s last poll in June that showed the public was split with 49% on either side of the issue.
The support for gun rights has grown despite the Umpqua Community College shooting Oct. 1 that killed nine people. Twenty-six-year-old student Christopher Harper-Mercer massacred classmates and teachers. The incident provoked outrage and a volley of proposals for stricter gun laws, even though the firearms used in the killings were purchased legally.
In the aftermath of the shooting, President Barack Obama said:
Each time we see one of these mass shootings, our thoughts and prayers are not enough. It cannot be this easy for someone who wants to inflict harm on other people to get his or her hands on a gun.
Read more: libertyunyielding.com
- Trump Attacks Everyone in Morning Twitter Rant
- Watch: Elderly Man Shoots Tires of AT&T Truck — Is This Wrong?
- ALERT: All US Army M1911 Handguns to be Transferred to Civilian Marksmanship Program in new Bill
- Demonic: Group of Teens Laugh and Mock Disabled Man Drowning in Pond, Film the Whole Incident
- If You Wear a Miniskirt in Saudi Arabia, Here is What Happens…
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Liberal Journalist Calls Sarah Huckabee Sanders a ‘Butch Queen’
- Crocodile Returns Body of Man it Killed After Witch Doctor ‘Summoned It’ [Video]
- Watch: Revolver or Semi-Auto for a Conceal Carry Weapon?
- Report Reveals Officer Mohamed Noor was a ‘Diversity’ Hire for Police Station
- Python Swallows Deer Whole in Seconds in Jaw Dropping Video, Or So We Think…
- White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci is a Staunch Gun Control Supporter
- Sean Spicer is Out: Quits Job as Press Secretary and is Replaced by…
- Bill de Blasio Snubbed at Funeral for Slain Female NYPD Officer
- Berkeley Middle School Teacher Yvette Felarca Arrested For Assault, Rioting At ‘Anti-Fascist’ Protest
- Fake Mud Jeans Now Exist for Men Who are too Afraid to Get Dirty — Guess How Much They Cost
- Haitian Official Who Exposed the Clinton Foundation is Found With Gun-Shot to Head
- ANTIFA Protester Hits MAGA Man, Then All Hell Breaks Loose [Video]