U.S. Defense Secretary Ashton Carter called Iraqi Prime Minister Haidar Al-Abadi on Saturday to express condolences for the deaths of Iraqi soldiers fighting on the front lines against Islamic State.
A U.S. airstrike that may have killed a number of Iraqi soldiers on Friday near the Iraqi city of Fallujah appeared to have been a mistake that involved both sides, Carter said during a visit to the Navy assault ship USS Kearsarge, according to the Associated Press.
Read more: Bloomberg
- Rand Paul: Donald Trump was ‘Large Financial Backer’ of Haiti Mission Trips When he Was Private Citizen [Watch]
- Senator Says Trump Never Made ‘S***hole’ Comment [Watch]
- Man Who Sent Hawaii into a Panic Over Ballistic Missile Warning “Feels Really Bad”
- Condoleezza Rice: The #MeToo Movement Will Turn ‘Women into Snowflakes’
- Allah Adios: Muslim Migrants Finally Get Deported from US Under Trump Admin
- Millions Of Gun Owners Become Criminals in California
- Watch: Chelsea Manning is Running for Senate and the Campaign Ad Will Make You Cry with Laughter
- House Passes “Concealed Carry Reciprocity” Bill
- REVEALED: Secret Tape of Woman Being Bribed to Accuse Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Activists Destroy H&M Store Over Racist Advert [Video]
- Poll: ‘No More’ Aid to Pakistan — Do You Agree With Trump?
- SHARK BAIT: Great White Shark Feeds Just Feet from Cape Cod Shore [WATCH]
- Photo Gallery
- Lock Them Up: Trump Demands Jail for Huma Abedin and Investigation into Comey
- Armed Guards Surround Women’s March, As They Protest Gun Rights…
- Oprah: Supports Jihad, Genocide, and Falsely Accuses People of Racism
- U.N. Labels President Trump a ‘Racist’
- Little Girl and Her Puppet STUN America’s Got Talent Judges in Most AMAZING Act