U.S. military personnel are assisting with the rescue of more than 150 hostages at a hotel in the former French colony of Mali, U.S. defense officials told NBC News.
“U.S. forces have helped move civilians to secure locations, as Malian forces work to clear the hotel of hostile gunmen,” Lt. Cmdr. Anthony Falvo said.
Gunmen stormed the upscale Radisson Blu, in the capital Bamako, and took 170 guests and workers hostage, according to U.S. Embassy officials and a hotel spokeswoman. Some managed to escape the hotel, but military officials told The Associated Press that at least three people had been killed.
Read more: NBC News
- NO LOVE FOR TRUMP: Glenn Beck Calls Trump’s Wife a Lesbian Porn Star in Facebook Rant
- WATCH: Sarah Palin Says She’s Never Been Sexually Harassed Because Everyone Knows She Has a…
- ‘YOU SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN AFRICA’: Group of Black People Taunt BIKINI-CLAD Woman, She Instantly Loses Her Sh*t [VIDEO]
- Kathy Griffin Attacks Trump Again in Bizarre Video [WATCH]
- The Best Scopes for Your Hunting Rifle
- Child Sex Slave Escapes Captor, But Now She is the One in Jail
- WATCH: Off-Duty Police Officer Caught in Gun Fight While Holding His Young Child
- 2yr-Old Beats Stage 4 Cancer with Breakthrough Treatment
- CNN Commentator: When it Comes to Criticizing NFL Players “White People Don’t Get to…”
- Bug out Guns: 7 Best Firearms for your Bug out Arsenal
- Watch: When Americans ‘Steal’ Illegal Immigrants’ Job
- ALERT: Mugabe ‘Resigns’ From Office
- Revealed: George Soros has Been Winning Small Political Victories That Can Jeopardize America
- Senator Al Fraken Caught Sexually Harassing a Model
- Photo Gallery
- Prostitute Shoots Man in the Head Because He Didn’t Know How to…
- Exposed: Maxine Waters Lives in Highly Segregated Wealthy Community, No Where Near Her Represented District
- Major Economic Liberty Case Lands at Supreme Court