The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday rejected an anti-abortion group’s bid to force the federal government to reveal more information about a $1 million grant it made in 2011 to women’s health provider Planned Parenthood in New Hampshire.
The nine justices rejected an appeal filed by New Hampshire Right to Life, a group that sued the federal government under freedom of information law to find out about the arrangement.
The Supreme Court’s action leaves in place a February ruling by the Boston-based 1st U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in favor of the government.
The government already has revealed some details about the grant, but New Hampshire Right to Life sought more, including a Planned Parenthood internal document that explains how the group operates its clinics.
Planned Parenthood, which provides abortions as well as health services for women, has been under fire for months by Republican lawmakers and anti-abortion activists over a series of videos produced by an anti-abortion group that purport to show that it improperly sells fetal tissue to researchers for profit.
Planned Parenthood gets about $500 million annually in federal funds, largely in reimbursements through the Medicaid health insurance program.
Read more: Yahoo News
- California Appoints Illegal Alien to Office
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Megyn Kelly Off the Air After Attacking Jane Fonda
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending
- Conservative Activists Detained by Airport Police in UK — Preventing Them from Inciting “Hatred”
- Media Bias and Anti-NRA Protests Causes Massive Spike in NRA Membership
- CAUGHT: Trump Sniffs Out Biggest Iranian Spy in White House
- Here Are the Students Not Walking Out of School for Gun-Control
- Young Woman Attacked and Stabbed — Turns the Table on Her Attacker and Gets His Knife
- Watch: DREAMer Goes After Pelosi and Schumer, Thanks Trump Instead
- BREAKING: FBI Files Linking Hillary Clinton to SUICIDE of White House Council Vince Foster Go MISSING
- REPORT: Facebook’s Algorithm Change Boosting Liberals, Silencing Conservatives
- WATCH: Tennessee Students Start Fighting, Tear Down American Flag During Anti-Gun ‘Walkout’ Protest
- One Student SUSPENDED for Not Walking Out During Anti-Gun Protest
- Alert: High School Shooting, One Dead and Multiple Wounded
- Gun-Control Fact Sheet: If There are Any Facts to Refute the Gun-Control Argument, It’s These
- Computer Glitch Mistakenly Releases THOUSANDS of Prisoners too Early in This State
- JOHN PODESTA: The Man Whose Emails Damaged Hillary’s Campaign Says There is Something ‘Deeply Broken’ With the FBI