The NYPD detective caught on video screaming at an Uber driver has lost his shield and gun and will be placed on administrative duty, police officials said Wednesday.
The New York Post reported in addition to being stripped of his badge, Detective Patrick Cherry will be placed on modified duty before being transferred out of the Joint Terrorism Task Force.
‘No good cop should watch that video without a wince,’ NYPD Police Chief Bill Bratton said at a press conference announcing Cherry was being placed on modified duty.
‘Because all good cops know that officer just made their jobs a little bit harder,’ Bratton added.
‘In that kind of encounter, anger like that is unacceptable. In any encounter, discourtesy and obscene language like that is unacceptable.’
The New York Police Department’s Internal Affairs Bureau launched an investigation into the incident, which occurred in the West Village, after footage captured by a passenger was posted online.
The officer was named by the New York Daily News as Detective Patrick Cherry of the NYPD’s Joint Terrorism Task Force.
Detective Cherry was in plainclothes and trying to park his unmarked Hyundai without signalling when the Uber driver known only as Humayun honked his horn.
The angered detective pulled over the Uber cab and launched a tirade, questioning the diver’s command of the English language as well as his driving ability.
Cherry’s case was transferred to the Civilian Complaint Review Board following a complaint of ‘discourtesy’.
Detectives’ Endowment Association President Michael Palladino said Cherry was returning from a visit with his colleague Detective Harry Hill.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- 2 Men Guilty of Gang Raping 13-Year-Old Girl Sentenced to Probation
- WATCH: Sarah Sanders Hammers the Media for Criticizing Trump’s MS-13 ‘Animals’ Comment
- Santa Fe School Shooter Killed High School Crush During Attack
- WATCH: Liberal Politician Wants to Make it Illegal to Manufacture Semi-Automatic Rifles, ‘Get Them Out Of Our Communities’
- FBI HITS MOTHER-LOAD: Found 650,000 Clinton Emails On Weiner’s Computer — Warrant Obtained
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Quit Acting to ‘Save Our Democracy’ from Donald Trump
- Media Bias and Anti-NRA Protests Causes Massive Spike in NRA Membership
- When Scopes are a Bad Idea?