Barely a week since the Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond reopened the British Embassy in Iran, a Foreign Office spokesman has slammed a senior Iranian official for his country’s anti-Israel stance.
Just a week ago, Mr Hammond said Iran’s President Rouhani indicated a “more nuanced approach” to Israel, and that aggressive statements by Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei should not necessarily be seen as representative of the country’s foreign policy.
Since then however a number of embarrassing responses have come directly from the Iranian regime.
According to the Iranian Tasnim News Agency, a spokesman from the Iranian Foreign Ministry rejected media reports of talks between Iran and Britain about Iran’s attitude towards the State of Israel during Hammond’s visit. She said no such talks took place, adding that “London is expected to make up for mistakes of its past policies toward Iran” through constructive interaction and mutual respect.
Reinforcing that comment, a foreign affairs adviser to Iran’s parliament speaker, Ali Larijani, was even more certain no such comments had been made. According to the Iranian Fars News Agency Hossein Sheikholeslam “blasted British Foreign Secretary Phillip Hammond for his interfering remarks” saying: “Our positions against the usurper Zionist regime have not changed at all; Israel should be annihilated and this is our ultimate slogan.”
Breitbart London contacted the British Foreign & Commonwealth Office for comment. A week later a spokesman responded: “We strongly condemn any suggestions that Israel should be eliminated. We similarly strongly condemn any politically or racially motivated attempts to deny or question the Holocaust, and all anti-Semitic language.”
Read more: breitbart.com
- Gun-Control Fact Sheet: If There are Any Facts to Refute the Gun-Control Argument, It’s These
- Gun Controllers Post ‘Kill the NRA’ Billboard — Organization Behind it Will Shock You
- Army Awards Slain JROTC Cadets for Their Heroism During Parkland School Shooting
- No Liberals, America is NOT the Worst Western Country When it Comes to Mass Shootings
- One School has Armed Their Staff with Guns After Florida Shooting — Good Idea?
- CNN’s Chris Cuomo Tries Peddling False Report on Buying an “AR-15 in Five Minutes”
- The Hero Coach Who Saved Dozens of Students by Sacrificing Himself
- Hundreds of Teachers Sign Up for Concealed Carry Class
- REPORT: US was Running Guns Through Benghazi to Syria and Hillary Lied About it Under Oath
- President Trump Hammers #MeToo Movement — Do You Agree With Him?
- ISIS Gives New Meaning to Craigslist Killers, Lures Hostages by…
- CNN Shocked After Iowa Voters Say What They Really Think About Russia Investigation [Watch]
- Watch: Laura Ingraham Tells LeBron James to ‘Shut Up and Dribble’ After His Trump Comment
- Watch: The Horrifying Footage of What Happened Inside School During Florida Massacre
- Hey Ladies: Here is a List of Compact 9mm Concealed Carry Guns that Cost Less Than $600
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- Parkland High School Student Blames Media for Politicizing the School Shooting, Instead of Focusing on Students Who Lost Their Lives
- WATCH: When This Thug is Caught Messing with This Man’s Wife Things Get Bad Real Quick