The nation’s capital is “under the gun” from the National Rifle Association and Republican lawmakers, the congresswoman who represents Washington, D.C., said Tuesday.
Speaking to a crowd of gun safety advocates, Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-D.C.) warned that Washington, D.C., is under attack from GOP legislation that would weaken the city’s strict gun laws.
The Second Amendment Enforcement Act, introduced last week by Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) and Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), would strike down many of the hurdles gun owners face in the District.
But gun safety advocates in Congress won’t go down without a fight.
“We feel that we are under the gun of the NRA,” Holmes Norton said. “We in the District of Columbia have very strong gun laws and have to fight to keep them.”
Republicans are challenging the gun laws in Washington, D.C., as an unconstitutional violation of the Second Amendment.
The Rubio-Jordan gun bill would expand concealed carry laws and shoot down the gun registry in the nation’s capital, among other things.
Read more: The Hill
- White House Hosts Ramadan Dinner, Trump was a No Show
- Bill Nye Writer Willing To Accept Deaths of “Old Ass Conservative White Men” If It Leads To Gun Control
- Missing 14yr-Old Girl Found Dead in Landfill, Police Need Your Help
- Socialist Bernie Sanders & Wife Under Bank Fraud Investigation by the FBI
- Video: Muslim Man Attacks Woman In Broad Daylight Because She Was Wearing…
- Delusional Pelosi Won’t Step Down — ‘I’m A Master Legislator!’
- 16-Month-Old Killed After Thug Father Viciously…
- CNN Retracts Their Fake Russia/Trump News — Instantly Trolled [LOL]
- Obama Judge Releases MS-13 Gang Member On The Biases Of…
- Question: Should Lawmakers Investigate James Comey and Robert Mueller?
- Watch: Thug Couple Beats Restaurant Owner and Her Daughter Over ‘Cold Chicken’
- Stevie Wonder Exposes Hypocrisy of Black Lives Matter in Awesome Speech!
- Hillary Clinton: Republicans are the ‘Death Party’
- Watch: Fed Up Drivers vs. Liberal Ding-Bats Blocking Traffic
- Democrat on Scalise Shooting: ‘I’m F**king Glad He Got Shot’ [AUDIO]
- Trump Plummets ‘Refugee’ Resettlement Numbers — Destroys Obama’s Goals
- Report: Why Firing Nancy Pelosi is Harder Than it Sounds
- World’s Longest Shot Takes 10 Seconds to Wipe Out Target, an ISIS Militant