The nation’s capital is “under the gun” from the National Rifle Association and Republican lawmakers, the congresswoman who represents Washington, D.C., said Tuesday.
Speaking to a crowd of gun safety advocates, Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-D.C.) warned that Washington, D.C., is under attack from GOP legislation that would weaken the city’s strict gun laws.
The Second Amendment Enforcement Act, introduced last week by Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) and Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), would strike down many of the hurdles gun owners face in the District.
But gun safety advocates in Congress won’t go down without a fight.
“We feel that we are under the gun of the NRA,” Holmes Norton said. “We in the District of Columbia have very strong gun laws and have to fight to keep them.”
Republicans are challenging the gun laws in Washington, D.C., as an unconstitutional violation of the Second Amendment.
The Rubio-Jordan gun bill would expand concealed carry laws and shoot down the gun registry in the nation’s capital, among other things.
Read more: The Hill
- Armed Intruder Breaks into Family’s Apartment, Tries Raping Daughter — Enter the Pissed Off Father…
- Policewoman Shoots Down 4 Jihadis by Herself — Video Footage Revealed
- BLM Activist Makes List of Requests for White People: ‘give up the home you own to a black or brown family.’
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- BREAKING: Barcelona Terrorist Found Wearing an Explosive Belt ‘Screaming Allahu Akbar’ — Has Been Shot Down
- Senator Apologizes for ‘Assassinate Trump’ Comment… Almost a Week Later
- Chick Lectures Crowd of White Women: ‘I Believe White People Are Born Into Not Being Human’ [Video]
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- Should Antifa be Labeled as a Terror Organization? This Petition Says It Should.
- #BlackLivesMatter Are Planning ‘DAY OF RAGE’ in 37 Cities–Is Yours On The List?
- REPORT: Debbie Wasserman Schultz’ IT Aide May Have Sold State Secrets to Russia, Pakistan
- John McCain Tight Lipped on His Foundation After Being Busted for Taking Foreign Money from Questionable Sources
- Arizona Court Rules Guns are Loaded, Even When Empty…
- Apparently Saint and Little Native American Boy Statue is White Supremacy…
- Democrat Steve Cohen is Introducing Impeachment Articles for President Trump Over Charlottesville
- Charlottesville Police Chief Says Everyone was Guilty of Violence: ‘Mutually Combating Individuals In The Crowd’
- Question: Should Lawmakers Investigate James Comey and Robert Mueller?
- Artist Projects 3 Messages on Trump Hotel: “The President of the United States is a Known Racist and Nazi Sympathizer”