For many veterans, coming home from war isn’t easy. Post-traumatic stress disorder, depression and other issues contribute to one startling statistic. An estimated 22 veterans commit suicide each day.
“We’re humans,” said Josh Mulder, a former Marine. “We’re not machines. We’re not programmed to essentially not have feelings.”
Mulder knows the suicide numbers too well. He lost two friends after coming back from a tour in Afghanistan.
“It sucks,” he said. “It’s rough.”
Mulder’s loss prompted him to join a group of about sixty, many University of Iowa students and veterans, to march toward change, literally.
The group is working with the UI’s Veterans Association to raise awareness about veteran suicide rates by spending this week taking turns marching from TCF Bank Stadium in Minneapolis to Kinnick in Iowa City. That’s a whopping 280 mile journey. Participants left Sunday morning and are scheduled to arrive in Iowa City, Saturday.
Read more: kcrg.com
- CNN Reporter Claims School Shooting Survivor Colton Haab is a Liar
- Hundreds of Teachers Sign Up for Concealed Carry Class
- Thinking Past Step 1: Other Policy Changes to Improve School Security
- Florida’s ‘Teacher of the Year’ Points the Finger at Parents for Mass Shooting Epidemic — ‘Parents, it’s time to step up!’
- Nurse Caught on Camera Laughing as WWII Vet Dies Gasping for Breath
- Report: Father ‘Chained His Twin Daughters in Home, Raped Them and Fathered Their Children’
- Gun Controllers Post ‘Kill the NRA’ Billboard — Organization Behind it Will Shock You
- VIDEO: Texas High School Plans on Suspending Students Protesting Gun Rights
- Busted: Chick Tries Framing Cop for Sexual Harassment, Then His Body-Cam Footage was Released
- BLUBBER BUTT MOORE: #MichaelMoore Demands America to ‘Disarm the Police’
- House Passes “Concealed Carry Reciprocity” Bill
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Still Believes ‘Macho Atmosphere’ & ‘Sexism’ is Why Hillary Clinton Lost
- Artist Who Painted Obama’s Portrait LOVES to Paint White Women Being Beheaded
- Gun-Control Fact Sheet: If There are Any Facts to Refute the Gun-Control Argument, It’s These
- POLL: Conservatives Push to Have Mitch McConnell Resign, Do You Agree With Them?
- Man Claims He is a ‘9yr-Old Trapped’ in a Man’s Body After Being Arrested for Sexually Assaulting Children
- Authorities Confirm: 4 Times More People Killed with a Blade Than a Rifle
- Parkland High School Student Blames Media for Politicizing the School Shooting, Instead of Focusing on Students Who Lost Their Lives