For many veterans, coming home from war isn’t easy. Post-traumatic stress disorder, depression and other issues contribute to one startling statistic. An estimated 22 veterans commit suicide each day.
“We’re humans,” said Josh Mulder, a former Marine. “We’re not machines. We’re not programmed to essentially not have feelings.”
Mulder knows the suicide numbers too well. He lost two friends after coming back from a tour in Afghanistan.
“It sucks,” he said. “It’s rough.”
Mulder’s loss prompted him to join a group of about sixty, many University of Iowa students and veterans, to march toward change, literally.
The group is working with the UI’s Veterans Association to raise awareness about veteran suicide rates by spending this week taking turns marching from TCF Bank Stadium in Minneapolis to Kinnick in Iowa City. That’s a whopping 280 mile journey. Participants left Sunday morning and are scheduled to arrive in Iowa City, Saturday.
Read more: kcrg.com
- ALLAH ADIOS! Muslim Migrants FINALLY Get Deported from US Under Trump Admin
- GROSS: Michelle Tells Crowd She’s A Sex Symbol — And It Blows Up In Her Face
- WATCH: Kate Steinle Memorial Ruined by Violent Antifa Protesters
- BADASS: Bear Gets Into Bloody Fight With Wolves Over Deer Carcass–And The Winner Was…
- ISIS Has Been Defeated
- REPORT: ‘Nasty Woman’ Throws Her Used TAMPON at a Police Officer
- Shady Lady Elizabeth Warren ‘Forgets’ to Disclose $1.3MIL Line of Credit Given to Her by…
- Not So Scary Now: Video Captures ISIS Militants Screaming Like Babies During Battle
- WATCH: Obama Thanks Himself for Trump’s Growing Economy
- House Passes “Concealed Carry Reciprocity” Bill
- Gun Yoga, Is It a Real Thing? [WATCH]
- Dangerous Standoff With Armed Robber and Father Ends With the Bad Guy Dying
- Vagina Hat Wearers had Guest Speaker, Donna Hylton, Who Kidnapped, Raped and Tortured a Man [VIDEO]
- Kate Steinle’s Killer is Now Being Targeted by ICE
- A TASTE OF THEIR OWN MEDICINE: Syrian Rebels Release a Video of Them Shooting Islamic State Militants
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]
- Trump Wins: Bill Moves Forward to Expose Congressional Sexual Harassers
- Obama Whines, Claims He ‘Suffered Racism’ While Holding Presidential Office