One thing you have to love about us southern folk is that we’re pretty simple people. We don’t like to use big words or talk lots, hence why we tend to shorten words to accommodate that tendency, like y’all, fittin’ to, ain’t, and yup. And because of our simple lexicon, we can be easily confused by these supposedly highly educated folks, especially dem’ dere’ Ivy League rascals.
So when President Barack Obama says that combat operations have ended and we don’t have troops deployed in a combat role, we get confused when the bad guys are still shootin.’ Maybe it’s because President Obama is too smart for himself.
As reported by Fox News, “Pentagon officials are “saddened” by the first American death in the ground fight against ISIS in Iraq, press secretary Peter Cook told reporters Thursday.
The U.S. Army Special Operator was killed in a rescue mission that freed as many as 70 ISIS hostages, defense officials said. A senior U.S. defense official said the service member was shot in a gunfight. The Pentagon said he died after receiving medical care, and no other Americans were hurt. The Arab hostages were freed from an ISIS prison in northern Iraq near Hawijah.
“People were chained to walls,” one well-placed military source told Fox News.”A mass atrocity was averted,” a senior U.S. defense source added. According to the Pentagon, rescuers “deliberately planned” the operation, and moved in when it was apparent that ISIS hostage takers were planning to kill the hostages.”
First of all, let me offer my condolences to the family of the U.S. Army Green Beret warrior who lost his life. Now, I have to ask, I thought we had no “combat” troops, i.e. boots on the ground in Iraq? Ain’t combat operations ended? So why are there hostages in Iraq for the U.S. military to rescue? And a gunfight? How can there have been a ground “gunfight?” My point is that President Obama needs to use simple language and come clean with the American people and tell us that the bad guys are still there shooting, and so are we.
I commend the bravery of our special operators. It is often said, “People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” I thank God for the twenty-two years I had to walk amongst those “rough men” who stand ready to do what it takes to maintain the peace and protect our way of life. The problem I have is when confusing language is used that doesn’t provide specificity to the warrior on the ground.
Read more: allenbwest.com
- What Really Killed Otto Warmbier
- National Security Council Unable to Release Susan Rice Documents Because They’re in Obama’s…
- Hillary Clinton & Co. About to be Stripped of Security Clearance
- Migrants Kill Motorist by Dragging Tree-Trunks to Stop Traffic, Hijack Cars
- Why We Carry: Man Punches Girl 39 Times in Empty Parking Lot After ‘Laying in Wait’ [WATCH]
- MSNBC Host Suggests Scalise DESERVED To Be Shot — The Reason Why Will Have You FUMING!
- Is Obama At Fault For Otto Warmbier’s Death? Victim’s Father Sheds Some Light On The Former President
- Dude Starts Freaking When Chick Places Snake on His Lap in Most Hilarious Video
- Die-In Protesters Against Trump’s Healthcare Bill Get Rude Awakening by Motorcyclist [WATCH]
- ALERT: US Official Arrested For Giving Chinese Agent Top-Secret…
- WATCH: Why Poor People Shouldn’t Run the Economy
- Terrorist Knifeman Attacks Cop at Airport Shouts ‘Allahu Akbar’ [VIDEO]
- Nationwide Manhunt for This POS — Murdered Multiple Women, Considered Armed and Dangerous
- Watch: Dude Performs Erotic Drag Show for Elementary & Middle School Kids
- Trevor Noah Targets NRA: ‘How Does a Black Person Not Get Shot in America?’ [VIDEO]
- New Report Exposes Millions of Illegal Immigrants Have Voted in U.S. Elections
- Photo Gallery
- Chelsea Clinton Falls For Bannon’s Joke — Goes On Bizarre Twitter Rant