One thing you have to love about us southern folk is that we’re pretty simple people. We don’t like to use big words or talk lots, hence why we tend to shorten words to accommodate that tendency, like y’all, fittin’ to, ain’t, and yup. And because of our simple lexicon, we can be easily confused by these supposedly highly educated folks, especially dem’ dere’ Ivy League rascals.
So when President Barack Obama says that combat operations have ended and we don’t have troops deployed in a combat role, we get confused when the bad guys are still shootin.’ Maybe it’s because President Obama is too smart for himself.
As reported by Fox News, “Pentagon officials are “saddened” by the first American death in the ground fight against ISIS in Iraq, press secretary Peter Cook told reporters Thursday.
The U.S. Army Special Operator was killed in a rescue mission that freed as many as 70 ISIS hostages, defense officials said. A senior U.S. defense official said the service member was shot in a gunfight. The Pentagon said he died after receiving medical care, and no other Americans were hurt. The Arab hostages were freed from an ISIS prison in northern Iraq near Hawijah.
“People were chained to walls,” one well-placed military source told Fox News.”A mass atrocity was averted,” a senior U.S. defense source added. According to the Pentagon, rescuers “deliberately planned” the operation, and moved in when it was apparent that ISIS hostage takers were planning to kill the hostages.”
First of all, let me offer my condolences to the family of the U.S. Army Green Beret warrior who lost his life. Now, I have to ask, I thought we had no “combat” troops, i.e. boots on the ground in Iraq? Ain’t combat operations ended? So why are there hostages in Iraq for the U.S. military to rescue? And a gunfight? How can there have been a ground “gunfight?” My point is that President Obama needs to use simple language and come clean with the American people and tell us that the bad guys are still there shooting, and so are we.
I commend the bravery of our special operators. It is often said, “People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” I thank God for the twenty-two years I had to walk amongst those “rough men” who stand ready to do what it takes to maintain the peace and protect our way of life. The problem I have is when confusing language is used that doesn’t provide specificity to the warrior on the ground.
Read more: allenbwest.com
- POLL: Does President Trump Need to Apologize to Gold Star Widow Myeshia Johnson?
- UNLEASHED: Jimmy Carter Goes After Hillary, Obama & Russia Scandal — Says Trump is…
- GROSS: He/She Artist Collects 200 Gallons of Urine to Protest Trump — Demonstrates How [VIDEO]
- Disturbing: Grieving Husband Finds Nurse ‘Maintaining Relations’ with His Wife’s Corpse
- After Democrat Attacks Trump, Soldier’s Widow Releases Audio of Phone Call [WATCH]
- WATCH: Jesse Jackson Compares Playing for NFL & NBA to ‘Picking Cotton’
- NBC Gun “Expert” Caught LYING — Was This An Intentional Move To Push Gun Control?
- National Park Service to Give Big Money for Black Panther Monument, Even Though Organization Killed NPS Officer
- WATCH: ‘Palestinian Steve Irwin’ Takes on Giant Snake in Hilarious Video
- WAR ON SPEECH CONTINUES: Conservative Commentator PEPPER SPRAYED At NYU — Professor Says Cops Should BEAT Up ‘Neo-Nazis’
- 20yr-Old Chick Draws Gun on Man Who Ran Over Her Family Members at Funeral
- Robert De Niro Exclaims ‘F**k you, Donald Trump’ During Charity Event — Plans to Prevent the President From…
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending
- Michelle Obama Claims People Don’t Like Her Because of ‘Her Skin Color’
- ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis Issues Statement on North Korea That Makes President Trump’s Look Tame