Utah has become the 5th state to de-fund the Planned Parenthood abortion business in the wake ofsix videos exposing how the abortion giant sells the body parts of aborted babies for research. The state follows Arkansas, Alabama and Louisiana, which are revoking a contract with Planned Parenthood using state Medicaid dollars, and New Hampshire, which zapped $650,000 in state taxpayer funding.
According to news reports, Utah is saying it will no longer allow itself to be used by the federal government to funnel funds to the abortion company. The decision essentially revokes well over $200,000 in taxpayer funding to Planned Parenthood.
Gov. Gary Herbert has ordered all state agencies to stop funneling federal funds to the Planned Parenthood Association of Utah.
The federal government provides grants to Planned Parenthood, which are distributed through the Utah Department of Health. Utah law bars any organization from using state funds for abortions, and that prohibition extends to Planned Parenthood’s federal grants, Herbert said in a statement Friday afternoon.
The move came in response to the release of secretly recorded videos by an anti-abortion group showing Planned Parenthood officials in Houston describing how they provide fetal tissue from abortions for medical research.
“The allegations against Planned Parenthood are deeply troubling,” Herbert said.
““If they want to engage with the federal government directly and get their money, I think that’s fine,” the governor said.
The governor said there is no reason to fund the abortion business because other organizations provide the same non-abortion services as Planned Parenthood.
While the Planned Parenthood in Utah claims it is not selling aborted babies or their body parts as is the in case in other states, it stood by the decision of other Planned Parenthood abortion facilities to do so. Karrie Galloway, President of the Planned Parenthood Association of Utah, said: “While Planned Parenthood Association of Utah does not participate in fetal tissue donation programs, we stand by Planned Parenthood affiliates around the country who do.”
In Arkansas, Gov. Asa Hutchinson said he is ending state Medicaid payments to the Planned Parenthood abortion business – even as the Obama administration is threatening Alabama and Louisiana for doing so. Hutchinson directed the Department of Human Services to terminate its existing agreements with Planned Parenthood of Arkansas and Eastern Oklahoma, according to a press release from his office.
In Alabama, Governor Robert Bentley sent a letter to the head of the Planned Parenthood abortion business in Alabama notifying it of his decision. In Louisiana, the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals informed Planned Parenthood it is exercising its right to terminate Planned Parenthood’s Medicaid provider agreement.
Meanwhile, in Louisiana, according to the Medicaid provider contract between DHH and Planned Parenthood, along with relevant Louisiana law, either party can choose to cancel the contract at will after providing written notice.
Read more: Life News
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Hillary Collapses in UK — Has Now Cancelled All Scheduled Events
- Trump Retaliates After Democrat ‘Fabricated’ Slain Soldier Story — He Has Proof
- BREAKING: Armed and Dangerous Killer on the Run — At Least 3 Dead
- CNN Commentator: When it Come to Criticizing NFL Players “White People Don’t Get to…”
- Awkward: Compilation Video of Celebrities Thanking Harvey Weinstein Goes Viral [WATCH]
- Gun Grabbing ‘Logic’: Dianne Feinstein Claims Constitution Does NOT Protect Conceal Carry — All 40 Million Americans She Represents Would Never Want a… [VIDEO]
- CONFIRMED: FBI Says Comey Did Draft Letter On Clinton Before Completing the Investigation
- WATCH: Slew of Celebrities Ask Americans to ‘Reject’ the NRA, Conceal Carry Do to…
- Joy Behar Forbids Attacks on Comedians Because ‘We’re Important People Right Now’ [WATCH]
- WATCH: ‘Palestinian Steve Irwin’ Takes on Giant Snake in Hilarious Video
- 2,800 New Hillary Clinton Emails Recovered Off of Anthony Weiner’s Laptop
- After Congress Failed, Trump Takes Action Against ObamaCare
- Robert De Niro Exclaims ‘F**k you, Donald Trump’ During Charity Event — Plans to Prevent the President From…
- 9yr-Old Girl Has Some Mad Crazy Handgun Skills [Video]
- WATCH: Nancy Pelosi Goes on Tirade Against Trump’s Executive Order, Busted for Not Reading It [LOL]
- VEGAS TEEN HERO: Fends Off Home Invaders With .22LR Rifle, Saves his Little Siblings