With conservative leaders sharply criticizing CNBC’s manner of moderating Wednesday night’s Republican presidential debate—which featured multiple questions framed as personal attacks on the candidates–former Attorney General Ed Meese said the leaders of the Republican National Committee who allowed CNBC to moderate the debate should be condemned.
“After 15 minutes it was clear that this was not a debate, but a verbal shooting gallery set up by CNBC, with the targets the Republican candidates and the shooters their biased antagonists from the press,” said Meese.
“Ted Cruz accurately described what was going on,” he said. “Whoever selected the ‘moderators’ should be fired and the RNC leaders who allowed it should be condemned.”
The three moderators for the debate were CNBC’s John Harwood, Becky Quick and Carl Quintanilla.
Cruz—as Meese mentioned–rebuked CNBC for the nature of its questions. Cruz did so when responding to a question from Quintanilla about Cruz’s opposition to the spending-and-debt-limit deal cut this week between President Obama and resigning House Speaker John Boehner.
“Does your opposition to it show that you are not the kind of problem solver the American voters want?” asked Quintanilla.
“Let me say something at the outset,” said Cruz. “The questions that you have asked so far in this debate illustrate why the American people do not trust the media.
“This is not a cage match,” said Cruz.
Read more: cnsnews.com
- White House Hosts Ramadan Dinner, Trump was a No Show
- Bill Nye Writer Willing To Accept Deaths of “Old Ass Conservative White Men” If It Leads To Gun Control
- Missing 14yr-Old Girl Found Dead in Landfill, Police Need Your Help
- Socialist Bernie Sanders & Wife Under Bank Fraud Investigation by the FBI
- Delusional Pelosi Won’t Step Down — ‘I’m A Master Legislator!’
- Video: Muslim Man Attacks Woman In Broad Daylight Because She Was Wearing…
- 16-Month-Old Killed After Thug Father Viciously…
- Obama Judge Releases MS-13 Gang Member On The Biases Of…
- Question: Should Lawmakers Investigate James Comey and Robert Mueller?
- Watch: Thug Couple Beats Restaurant Owner and Her Daughter Over ‘Cold Chicken’
- Stevie Wonder Exposes Hypocrisy of Black Lives Matter in Awesome Speech!
- CNN Retracts Their Fake Russia/Trump News — Instantly Trolled [LOL]
- Hillary Clinton: Republicans are the ‘Death Party’
- Watch: Fed Up Drivers vs. Liberal Ding-Bats Blocking Traffic
- Trump Plummets ‘Refugee’ Resettlement Numbers — Destroys Obama’s Goals
- World’s Longest Shot Takes 10 Seconds to Wipe Out Target, an ISIS Militant
- Watch: One Person’s Fit of Road Rage Backfires, Cause Insane Chain Reaction
- Interview With Afghan Ambassador Reveals the Difference Between Obama and Trump, And it will SHOCK You!