VIDEO: Panic as Active Shooter Unleashes in North Carolina Mall

So far details are few. There have been no reported gunshot injuries or suspect but many were injured in the evacuation.

There are emerging reports of an active shooter in the food court area of the Crabtree Valley Mall in Raleigh, NC.

Here’s the first decent news account tying together first accounts.

Police were searching a Raleigh, N.C. mall for a gunman Saturday after witnesses reported gunfire in the building.

WRAL reported that police were called to the Crabtree Valley Mall at around 2:45 p.m. local time. Authorities sealed off the mall and closed all access roads.

Police told WRAL no suspects were in custody. Authorities told Fox News they had not received word of any gunshot injuries, but noted that several people were trampled in the evacuation.

Witness Mark Rush told WTVD that he was walking out of a cell phone accessory store when he heard “about five or six” shots. He said the gunman was “10 or 15 feet” away and was carrying a handgun.

I’m going to speculate that a gang-banger saw a rival and ineptly opened up on him. Listing to the Wake County scanner traffic, it sounds like there may be as many as 9-10 injuries, some serious, from falls and trampling injuries.

Share Your Comments
Trending Now on GJWHG