I’m kidding… about the slavery. So far.
But the Washington Post is reporting that Virginia’s radically-anti-gun Democrats are moving forward with a plan to strip the basic human right of self-defense from those who travel through the state by severing concealed carry reciprocity agreements with 25 of the 30 states with which is currently has reciprocity arrangements.
Attorney General Mark R. Herring (D) plans to announce Tuesday that Virginia will no longer recognize concealed carry handgun permits from 25 states that have reciprocity agreements with the commonwealth.
The move also means Virginians with a history of stalking, drug dealing or inpatient mental-health treatment cannot obtain a permit in a state with comparatively lax laws and carry a handgun legally at home.
Herring said severing the out-of-state agreements can prevent people who may be dangerous or irresponsible from carrying a concealed weapon.
“To me, this is a commonsense step that can help make Virginians and our law enforcement officers safer by ensuring that Virginia’s laws on who can and cannot carry a concealed handgun are applied evenly, consistently, and fairly,” he said in a statement provided to The Washington Post.
“Our General Assembly has already identified who can and cannot conceal handguns in Virginia, and we cannot have that decision undermined by recognizing permits from other states with more permissive standards.”
Read more: Bearing Arms
- WATCH: Former Police Officer Shocked to See What His Son’s School Replaced the American Flag With
- State County to Assign Armed Guards to Every Public School
- WATCH: David Hogg Attacks Gun Owners in Profanity Laced Rant
- Steven Seagal Accused of Sexual Assault
- Student David Hogg Demands People ‘Work Together’, But Calls the NRA ‘Child Murderers’
- Young Woman Attacked and Stabbed — Turns the Table on Her Attacker and Gets His Knife
- Meet the Hero School Resource Officer Who Shot Down Maryland Gunman
- WATCH: Roseanne Barr Tells Jimmy Kimmel to “Zip That F***ing Lip,” When it Comes to Bashing Trump
- Florida’s ‘Teacher of the Year’ Points the Finger at Parents for Mass Shooting Epidemic — ‘Parents, it’s time to step up!’
- SHARK BAIT: Great White Shark Feeds Just Feet from Cape Cod Shore [WATCH]
- DRUNK DRIVER OR TERRORIST? 28 Badly Injured After Man Plows Car Through New Orleans Parade
- BREAKING: Thug Kills Omaha Police Officer, Who Gave Birth Days Before, During Shoot Out
- WATCH: CNN Goes to Gun Range to Shoot AR-15, Proves Gun-Controllers Have No Clue What They are Talking About
- One Student SUSPENDED for Not Walking Out During Anti-Gun Protest
- PayPal Founder at RNC: Who Cares About Bathrooms, ‘Fake Culture Wars Only DISTRACT Us from Our ECONOMIC DECLINE’
- Austin Bomber Dead — Blows Himself Up
- Hillary Collapses in UK — Has Now Cancelled All Scheduled Events
- YouTube is Banning Gun Content in an Effort to Push Gun-Control