A captured ISIS commander was reportedly forced to do a ‘Game of Thrones-style’ walk-of-shame through a Libyan city before he was hanged to death.
Abu-Nabil Al-Anbari, who was dispatched to set up an Islamic State branch in Libya, was caught by a rival Islamist group while fighting for control of the strategically important city of Derna.
Sensational reports suggest he was then marched through the streets as onlookers taunted him, led to the gallows and executed in front of the baying mob.
Cersei Lannister, a lead character in the popular fantasy-drama Game of Thrones, was forced to strip off and walk through the streets as furious crowd jeered and threw food at her in the show’s season finale.
The public execution was described to the Daily Beast by two sources who allegedly saw footage of the shaming and hanging of Al-Anbari.
One source told the website how the ISIS commander was marched through the street ‘Cersei Lannister-style’, referring to the queen mother in Game of Thrones who was forced to walk naked through the streets to ‘atone for her sins’.
The public nature of Al-Anbari’s execution, which reportedly took place in mid-June, was meant to deter followers of the unnamed jihadi group from joining ISIS. It mirrors the gruesome execution videos its rivals have become infamous for.
Last summer, Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi sent his close associates to Libya to try and negotiate alliances with local groups, according to the Wall Street Journal.
They were supposedly led by Abu Nabil al-Anbari, a former al-Qaeda operative.
He was tasked with merging ISIS with local jihadist groups in the north-African nation who had come under pressure from anti-terrorist offensives in the neighboring states of Egypt, Mali and Tunisia.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- 2 Men Guilty of Gang Raping 13-Year-Old Girl Sentenced to Probation
- WATCH: Sarah Sanders Hammers the Media for Criticizing Trump’s MS-13 ‘Animals’ Comment
- ‘Caravan’ of Refugees Climb U.S.-Mexico Border While Chanting, “Yes We Can!”
- Bad Parents: Baby Found Starved Nearly To Death By Lazy Parents
- Santa Fe School Shooter Killed High School Crush During Attack
- WATCH: Katy Perry Forces Kiss on American Idol Contestant, is He a #MeToo Victim?
- AUDIO: Police Release Starbucks Recording that Proves Racism is NOT the Issue, Entitlement is
- Trump Ends Worst Obama-Era Policy: ‘America will not be held hostage to nuclear blackmail.’
- FBI HITS MOTHER-LOAD: Found 650,000 Clinton Emails On Weiner’s Computer — Warrant Obtained
- Target: Man in Woman’s Bathroom Exposes Himself to Child
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Quit Acting to ‘Save Our Democracy’ from Donald Trump