A captured ISIS commander was reportedly forced to do a ‘Game of Thrones-style’ walk-of-shame through a Libyan city before he was hanged to death.
Abu-Nabil Al-Anbari, who was dispatched to set up an Islamic State branch in Libya, was caught by a rival Islamist group while fighting for control of the strategically important city of Derna.
Sensational reports suggest he was then marched through the streets as onlookers taunted him, led to the gallows and executed in front of the baying mob.
Cersei Lannister, a lead character in the popular fantasy-drama Game of Thrones, was forced to strip off and walk through the streets as furious crowd jeered and threw food at her in the show’s season finale.
The public execution was described to the Daily Beast by two sources who allegedly saw footage of the shaming and hanging of Al-Anbari.
One source told the website how the ISIS commander was marched through the street ‘Cersei Lannister-style’, referring to the queen mother in Game of Thrones who was forced to walk naked through the streets to ‘atone for her sins’.
The public nature of Al-Anbari’s execution, which reportedly took place in mid-June, was meant to deter followers of the unnamed jihadi group from joining ISIS. It mirrors the gruesome execution videos its rivals have become infamous for.
Last summer, Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi sent his close associates to Libya to try and negotiate alliances with local groups, according to the Wall Street Journal.
They were supposedly led by Abu Nabil al-Anbari, a former al-Qaeda operative.
He was tasked with merging ISIS with local jihadist groups in the north-African nation who had come under pressure from anti-terrorist offensives in the neighboring states of Egypt, Mali and Tunisia.
Read more: dailymail.co.uk
- Gun-Control Fact Sheet: If There are Any Facts to Refute the Gun-Control Argument, It’s These
- Hundreds of Teachers Sign Up for Concealed Carry Class
- No Liberals, America is NOT the Worst Western Country When it Comes to Mass Shootings
- Gun Controllers Post ‘Kill the NRA’ Billboard — Organization Behind it Will Shock You
- CNN’s Chris Cuomo Tries Peddling False Report on Buying an “AR-15 in Five Minutes”
- One School has Armed Their Staff with Guns After Florida Shooting — Good Idea?
- Billy Graham’s Final Message to the World Before He Passed Away
- Army Awards Slain JROTC Cadets for Their Heroism During Parkland School Shooting
- Sex Robot Conference Proposes Child Sex Bots to ‘Cure’ Pedophilia
- ISIS Gives New Meaning to Craigslist Killers, Lures Hostages by…
- CNN Shocked After Iowa Voters Say What They Really Think About Russia Investigation [Watch]
- BARF IT’S HARF: Watch State Dep. Marie Harf’s Latest Interview, It’s Worse than her Last One
- WATCH: California Teacher Calls Military ‘Lowest of Our Low’
- The Hero Coach Who Saved Dozens of Students by Sacrificing Himself
- Watch: Laura Ingraham Tells LeBron James to ‘Shut Up and Dribble’ After His Trump Comment
- Watch: The Horrifying Footage of What Happened Inside School During Florida Massacre
- WATCH: When This Thug is Caught Messing with This Man’s Wife Things Get Bad Real Quick
- WATCH: Classmate of Nikolas Cruz Reported Him Multiple Times and Claims ‘He talked about killing our friends’