We have a list of dozens right here. Ana Navarro tried to pull the same stunt for you. She was destroyed by Twitter users. Obama, you need to wake the heck up!
By Chris Enloe
President Barack Obama, in one of his final interviews as president, claimed recently that he was the first modern president without a “major” scandal during his tenure in the White House.
Obama made the comments in an interview with Steve Kroft on CBS “60 Minutes” that is set to air Sunday.
When pressed by Kroft whether or not Obama’s administration changed Washington, Obama alleged that he was able to change the things that were in his control by being the first modern presidential administration to be free of any major scandals.
“I changed those things that were in my direct control,” Obama said.
“And I mean, look, I’m proud of the fact with two weeks to go, we are probably the first administration in modern history that hasn’t had a major scandal in the White House,” he added. “In that sense, we changed some things.”
However, many, many Americans would disagree with Obama’s assumption. In fact, a large portion of Americans would likely argue that Obama has overseen a large number of scandals during his time in the White House.
Here’s the short list:
- Operation Fast and Furious
- the Veterans Affairs scandal
- the IRS targeting conservative groups
- the Department of Justice unlawfully seizing information of journalists
- the NSA conducting mass surveillance on Americans
- being a part of Hillary Clinton’s private email scandal
- paying Iran a ransom for the release of several Americans
- the Secret Service scandal involving prostitutes in Colombia
- the EPA dumping waste in the Colorado River
Like we said, the shorter list.