Corporal Kyle Carpenter was only 19 when he was almost killed while serving the Marines in Afghanistan in 2010. An enemy grenade attack and nearly 40 surgeries later, the Medal of Honor recipient went on Letterman to share his unbelievable journey to recovery that led him to complete the Marine Corps Marathon.
Cpl. Carpenter endured the numerous surgeries and painful therapies for two and a half years while in the hospital. Despite his injuries and challenges faced, he worked hard to train for the legendary marathon. Cpl. Carpenter’s act of valor was recognized when he recently became the second living Marine to receive the highest military decoration since the Vietnam War- the Medal of Honor.
In this interview, Letterman describes all of the injuries Kyle endured. Some of them include infinite shattered bones, shrapnel in both legs, two ruptured eardrums, a collapsed right lung, an obliterated jaw, lost vision in the right eye- just to name a few of the most haunting ones.
Read more: qpolitical.com
- ANTIFA Protester Hits MAGA Man, Then All Hell Breaks Loose [Video]
- Delta Airlines Kicks Ann Coulter Out of Her Seat and Boy Was That the Wrong Decision…
- Cop Mohammed Noor Shot Yoga Teacher From Patrol Car, While Reaching Over His Partner
- Officer Mohamed Noor Refuses to Cooperate With Investigators After Shooting Dead Yoga Teacher
- Trump Admin Wins Second Time with Travel Ban, Strict Enforcement…
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Watch: Revolver or Semi-Auto for a Conceal Carry Weapon?
- 10,000 New ICE Agents are Ordered to Crackdown on Sanctuary Cities
- Congress Fails to Include Majority of Trump’s Budget Cuts in House GOP Budget Plan
- Haitian Official Who Exposed the Clinton Foundation is Found With Gun-Shot to Head
- Susan Rice Is Not Going to Testify About Unmasking Trump Supporters
- Chris Hemsworth Thinks a Woman Should be the New Bond…
- College Students Love Socialism, But Can’t Define It [VIDEO]
- Yoga Teacher Shot Down by Police After Calling in a Possible Assault
- Krauthammer Calls GOP Repeal and Replace an ‘Epic Fail’, Reveals Why in Detail
- This Dude Says ‘Diversity’ is Code Word for ‘Non-White’, Do You Agree? [Video]
- Kid Rock Releases Senate Platform: ‘If You Work Your Butt Off and Pay Taxes…’
- Harvard Law Professor, Alan Dershowitz: Liberals Searching for ‘Crimes That Don’t Exist’