Back in the early days of the United States there was a “looming” threat of war with France. One of the legislative actions taken was something known as the Alien and Sedition Acts. It was the original intent to protect the American Republic against foreign agents and interests — but it also had the purpose of silencing political opposition. We must be careful with language when we leverage an atmosphere of insecurity in a manner that is so nebulous that it can adversely affect individual liberty. Such was a recent case.
As reported by Real Clear Politics, “In an interview with MSNBC’s Thomas Roberts in the wake of the mass shooting in Chattanooga, Tennessee, former Supreme Allied Commander of NATO and Democratic candidate for president in 2008 Wesley Clark said that during World War II, “if someone supported Nazi Germany at the expense of the United States, we didn’t say that was freedom of speech, we put him in a camp, they were prisoners of war.
Clark specifically stated, If these people are radicalized and don’t support the United States, and they’re disloyal to the United States, as a matter of principal that’s fine, that’s their right. It’s our right and our obligation to segregate them from the normal community for the duration of the conflict.
“We have got to identify the people who are most likely to be radicalized. We’ve got to cut this off at the beginning,” Clark said. “I do think on a national policy level we need to look at what self-radicalization means because we are at war with this group of terrorists.”
At a time when we have an administration just chomping at the bit to release more Islamic jihadists captured on the battlefield, what makes General Wesley Clark believe this would ever happen? Here we are classifying the Islamic jihadist in Chattanooga as a “homegrown violent extremist’ – that’s about as clear as the Red River.
Again we are loathe to refer to the enemy as it is. So, who are the people to whom General Clark is referring? We know during the tenure of Janet Napolitano at Homeland Security, even our own returning combat veterans were considered and listed as threats. We’ve heard many references by Democrats on the House floor castigating Americans — and even Republicans — as terrorists. Shoot, the Democrats have oft time referred to me — and others — as “extremists.”
Read more: allenbwest.com
- Is This How Otto Warmbier Was Put In A Comma? Leaked Footage Shows North Korean Officials Beating A Woman Senseless For…
- White House Hosts Ramadan Dinner, Trump was a No Show
- Watch: Chuck Schumer Hammered on Senate Floor for Lying About Trump Being Under Investigation
- Bill Nye Writer Willing To Accept Deaths of “Old Ass Conservative White Men” If It Leads To Gun Control
- Trump’s Travel Ban Reinstated by Supreme Court
- WaPo Publishes Fact-less Story Thomas Jefferson ‘Celebrated Ramadan’
- Obama Judge Releases MS-13 Gang Member On The Biases Of…
- CNN Employees Resign After Fake News Scandal
- Watch: Thug Couple Beats Restaurant Owner and Her Daughter Over ‘Cold Chicken’
- CNN Retracts Their Fake Russia/Trump News — Instantly Trolled [LOL]
- North Korea Claims They’re the ‘Victim’ in Otto Warmbier’s Death
- Democrat on Scalise Shooting: ‘I’m F**king Glad He Got Shot’ [AUDIO]
- Video: Muslim Man Attacks Woman In Broad Daylight Because She Was Wearing…
- Snowflake Alert! University Now Has ‘Emotional Risk’ Assessment For Student Events
- Report: Why Firing Nancy Pelosi is Harder Than it Sounds
- After Russian-Trump Fake News Story, CNN Is Imposing New Rules — But Will They Help?
- Watch: One Person’s Fit of Road Rage Backfires, Cause Insane Chain Reaction
- Socialist Bernie Sanders & Wife Under Bank Fraud Investigation by the FBI