Back in the early days of the United States there was a “looming” threat of war with France. One of the legislative actions taken was something known as the Alien and Sedition Acts. It was the original intent to protect the American Republic against foreign agents and interests — but it also had the purpose of silencing political opposition. We must be careful with language when we leverage an atmosphere of insecurity in a manner that is so nebulous that it can adversely affect individual liberty. Such was a recent case.
As reported by Real Clear Politics, “In an interview with MSNBC’s Thomas Roberts in the wake of the mass shooting in Chattanooga, Tennessee, former Supreme Allied Commander of NATO and Democratic candidate for president in 2008 Wesley Clark said that during World War II, “if someone supported Nazi Germany at the expense of the United States, we didn’t say that was freedom of speech, we put him in a camp, they were prisoners of war.
Clark specifically stated, If these people are radicalized and don’t support the United States, and they’re disloyal to the United States, as a matter of principal that’s fine, that’s their right. It’s our right and our obligation to segregate them from the normal community for the duration of the conflict.
“We have got to identify the people who are most likely to be radicalized. We’ve got to cut this off at the beginning,” Clark said. “I do think on a national policy level we need to look at what self-radicalization means because we are at war with this group of terrorists.”
At a time when we have an administration just chomping at the bit to release more Islamic jihadists captured on the battlefield, what makes General Wesley Clark believe this would ever happen? Here we are classifying the Islamic jihadist in Chattanooga as a “homegrown violent extremist’ – that’s about as clear as the Red River.
Again we are loathe to refer to the enemy as it is. So, who are the people to whom General Clark is referring? We know during the tenure of Janet Napolitano at Homeland Security, even our own returning combat veterans were considered and listed as threats. We’ve heard many references by Democrats on the House floor castigating Americans — and even Republicans — as terrorists. Shoot, the Democrats have oft time referred to me — and others — as “extremists.”
Read more: allenbwest.com
- After Democrat Attacks Trump, Soldier’s Widow Releases Audio of Phone Call [WATCH]
- GROSS: He/She Artist Collects 200 Gallons of Urine to Protest Trump — Demonstrates How [VIDEO]
- Dude Waves Communist Flag at Trump Rally — Watch What Happens to Him Next
- When You’re Trying to Riot and Your Mom Shows Up [WATCH]
- Disturbing: Grieving Husband Finds Nurse ‘Maintaining Relations’ with His Wife’s Corpse
- National Park Service to Give Big Money for Black Panther Monument, Even Though Organization Killed NPS Officer
- Meet the Liberal Behind $10 MILLION Impeachment Plan Against Trump
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending
- Robert De Niro Exclaims ‘F**k you, Donald Trump’ During Charity Event — Plans to Prevent the President From…
- ICE Reveals Illegal Alien May Have Caused Devastating California Fires
- WATCH: ‘Palestinian Steve Irwin’ Takes on Giant Snake in Hilarious Video
- When the Creatures of WALMART are Photographed…
- NBC Gun “Expert” Caught LYING — Was This An Intentional Move To Push Gun Control?
- Democrat Behind Slain Soldier Controversy, ‘I’m a Rockstar Now’ [VIDEO]
- Vegas Shooting Survivor: ‘One week I was running from bullets, the next I was running from fire’
- Madonna Posts ‘Vagina Tattoo’ for Women’s March to Protest Trump…
- Awkward: Compilation Video of Celebrities Thanking Harvey Weinstein Goes Viral [WATCH]