Quentin Tarantino lied about going to jail, a report claims.
The controversial director has long-maintained he was incarcerated ‘once’ or ‘multiple times’ for traffic violations in Los Angeles while struggling to make ends meet as a video shop employee.
It is an anecdote he uses regularly to prove his authoritative understanding of police brutality after he was criticized for calling cops ‘murderers’ at an anti police violence rally in New York this year.
But according to a New York Post investigation, there are no records that back up his claim that he spent eight days being treating ‘like an animal’ because he couldn’t afford to pay a fine.
In fact, his only conviction was in 2000 when he paid $871 to avoid eight days in jail for driving without a license and failing to appear in court, the newspaper reports.
Tarantino has yet to respond to Daily Mail Online’s request for a comment.
The director has referenced his supposed jail time in multiple interviews over the past three decades.
In 1992, he told Paris Voice: ‘I spent eight days in the county jail on traffic warrants once.
‘At first, I thought, “Wow, I’m going to pick up some great dialogue in here.”
‘But then you realize what a waste of time it is. They treat you like an animal, and nobody wants to be treated like an animal.’
His biographer Jeffrey Sparrow later went on to claim that he did in fact pick up dialogue inside, and used it in True Romance and Reservoir Dogs.
Read more: DailyMail.co.uk
- ANTIFA Protester Hits MAGA Man, Then All Hell Breaks Loose [Video]
- Delta Airlines Kicks Ann Coulter Out of Her Seat and Boy Was That the Wrong Decision…
- Cop Mohammed Noor Shot Yoga Teacher From Patrol Car, While Reaching Over His Partner
- Officer Mohamed Noor Refuses to Cooperate With Investigators After Shooting Dead Yoga Teacher
- Trump Admin Wins Second Time with Travel Ban, Strict Enforcement…
- Watch: Revolver or Semi-Auto for a Conceal Carry Weapon?
- 10,000 New ICE Agents are Ordered to Crackdown on Sanctuary Cities
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Congress Fails to Include Majority of Trump’s Budget Cuts in House GOP Budget Plan
- Chris Hemsworth Thinks a Woman Should be the New Bond…
- Haitian Official Who Exposed the Clinton Foundation is Found With Gun-Shot to Head
- College Students Love Socialism, But Can’t Define It [VIDEO]
- Yoga Teacher Shot Down by Police After Calling in a Possible Assault
- Krauthammer Calls GOP Repeal and Replace an ‘Epic Fail’, Reveals Why in Detail
- Wife Found Guilty of Shooting Her Husband Dead and the Only Witness was Their Pet Parrot
- Kid Rock Releases Senate Platform: ‘If You Work Your Butt Off and Pay Taxes…’
- Harvard Law Professor, Alan Dershowitz: Liberals Searching for ‘Crimes That Don’t Exist’
- Mayor of London Sadiq Khan Refuses to ‘Roll Out Red Carpet’ and Give Full State Visit for President Donald Trump