Quentin Tarantino lied about going to jail, a report claims.
The controversial director has long-maintained he was incarcerated ‘once’ or ‘multiple times’ for traffic violations in Los Angeles while struggling to make ends meet as a video shop employee.
It is an anecdote he uses regularly to prove his authoritative understanding of police brutality after he was criticized for calling cops ‘murderers’ at an anti police violence rally in New York this year.
But according to a New York Post investigation, there are no records that back up his claim that he spent eight days being treating ‘like an animal’ because he couldn’t afford to pay a fine.
In fact, his only conviction was in 2000 when he paid $871 to avoid eight days in jail for driving without a license and failing to appear in court, the newspaper reports.
Tarantino has yet to respond to Daily Mail Online’s request for a comment.
The director has referenced his supposed jail time in multiple interviews over the past three decades.
In 1992, he told Paris Voice: ‘I spent eight days in the county jail on traffic warrants once.
‘At first, I thought, “Wow, I’m going to pick up some great dialogue in here.”
‘But then you realize what a waste of time it is. They treat you like an animal, and nobody wants to be treated like an animal.’
His biographer Jeffrey Sparrow later went on to claim that he did in fact pick up dialogue inside, and used it in True Romance and Reservoir Dogs.
Read more: DailyMail.co.uk
- WATCH: Bernie Sanders FREAKS When His Gun Policy is Exposed by Chuck Todd
- Parkland High School Student Blames Media for Politicizing the School Shooting, Instead of Focusing on Students Who Lost Their Lives
- Watch: The Horrifying Footage of What Happened Inside School During Florida Massacre
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Quit Acting to ‘Save Our Democracy’ from Donald Trump
- Watch: Laura Ingraham Tells LeBron James to ‘Shut Up and Dribble’ After His Trump Comment
- Gun-Control Fact Sheet: If There are Any Facts to Refute the Gun-Control Argument, It’s These
- VIDEO: Students ‘Protest’ Gun Violence by Laying Around Doing Nothing
- Hijab-Wearing Woman Becomes New Hair Model for L’Oreal. We Aren’t Joking. [Watch]
- WATCH: Mariah Carey Caught Lip Syncing During NYE Performance–Storms Off Stage, But Not Before She Said This…
- The Hero Coach Who Saved Dozens of Students by Sacrificing Himself
- Nikolas Cruz was Member of White Supremacist Militia — UPADET, Police Find No Link
- Grandmother Stops School Shooting Plot in Washington State
- Watch: Democrat Senator Admits Trump is Right About the Wall