Quentin Tarantino lied about going to jail, a report claims.
The controversial director has long-maintained he was incarcerated ‘once’ or ‘multiple times’ for traffic violations in Los Angeles while struggling to make ends meet as a video shop employee.
It is an anecdote he uses regularly to prove his authoritative understanding of police brutality after he was criticized for calling cops ‘murderers’ at an anti police violence rally in New York this year.
But according to a New York Post investigation, there are no records that back up his claim that he spent eight days being treating ‘like an animal’ because he couldn’t afford to pay a fine.
In fact, his only conviction was in 2000 when he paid $871 to avoid eight days in jail for driving without a license and failing to appear in court, the newspaper reports.
Tarantino has yet to respond to Daily Mail Online’s request for a comment.
The director has referenced his supposed jail time in multiple interviews over the past three decades.
In 1992, he told Paris Voice: ‘I spent eight days in the county jail on traffic warrants once.
‘At first, I thought, “Wow, I’m going to pick up some great dialogue in here.”
‘But then you realize what a waste of time it is. They treat you like an animal, and nobody wants to be treated like an animal.’
His biographer Jeffrey Sparrow later went on to claim that he did in fact pick up dialogue inside, and used it in True Romance and Reservoir Dogs.
Read more: DailyMail.co.uk
- A Furious Mike Pence Takes on McCain After Senator Saved Obamacare [WATCH]
- Crocodile ‘Whisperer’ Claimed the Creatures Wouldn’t Harm Him, Then He Went for a Swim
- WATCH: Trump Calls Kaepernick a ‘Son of a B****’ for Protesting National Anthem
- Seattle Seahawks Player Claims Cops ‘Racially Profiled’ Him — Cops Respond With All the Details He Omitted
- Kimg Jong-un Replies to Trump: Plans to “Tame” the President with “Fire”
- Obama’s Deputy Chief of Staff Reveals Michelle Was the Real Boss and if She Got Mad, Oh Boy…
- Watch: Hipsters Believe America Should Model Economy Like Venezuela’s to Have Income Equality
- Savage: Dude Explains Feminism in 2017, ‘You’re a Man. Everything a Man Does is…’ [Video]
- Not So Sharp: Masked Robbers Attempt to Hold Up Bar Filled With Policemen
- Artist Projects 3 Messages on Trump Hotel: “The President of the United States is a Known Racist and Nazi Sympathizer”
- DOJ Will Not Investigate IRS for Targeting Conservative Groups
- ‘WHY DOVES CRY’: Madonna’s Underwhelming Tribute Performance for PRINCE has the Internet EXPLODING [VIDEO]
- Millennial Chick Mocks Hillary, Writing Book on ‘How To Pretend Like You’re a Winner, When You’re Actually…’ [WATCH]
- The Lawyers Whom Allegedly Deleted Hillary’s E-mails are About to be…
- This EPIC Meme DESTROYS Colin Kaepernick’s REFUSAL to Stand for the National Anthem
- The Real Deplorables–FOUR Football Players Disrespect America on 9/11
- Irma Hits Florida: The Deadly Surge to Come…
- Chick Wants to Change ‘Father’s Day’ To ‘Special Persons Day’ — Watch Her Explain This One…