Quentin Tarantino lied about going to jail, a report claims.
The controversial director has long-maintained he was incarcerated ‘once’ or ‘multiple times’ for traffic violations in Los Angeles while struggling to make ends meet as a video shop employee.
It is an anecdote he uses regularly to prove his authoritative understanding of police brutality after he was criticized for calling cops ‘murderers’ at an anti police violence rally in New York this year.
But according to a New York Post investigation, there are no records that back up his claim that he spent eight days being treating ‘like an animal’ because he couldn’t afford to pay a fine.
In fact, his only conviction was in 2000 when he paid $871 to avoid eight days in jail for driving without a license and failing to appear in court, the newspaper reports.
Tarantino has yet to respond to Daily Mail Online’s request for a comment.
The director has referenced his supposed jail time in multiple interviews over the past three decades.
In 1992, he told Paris Voice: ‘I spent eight days in the county jail on traffic warrants once.
‘At first, I thought, “Wow, I’m going to pick up some great dialogue in here.”
‘But then you realize what a waste of time it is. They treat you like an animal, and nobody wants to be treated like an animal.’
His biographer Jeffrey Sparrow later went on to claim that he did in fact pick up dialogue inside, and used it in True Romance and Reservoir Dogs.
Read more: DailyMail.co.uk
- NO LOVE FOR TRUMP: Glenn Beck Calls Trump’s Wife a Lesbian Porn Star in Facebook Rant
- WATCH: Sarah Palin Says She’s Never Been Sexually Harassed Because Everyone Knows She Has a…
- Kathy Griffin Attacks Trump Again in Bizarre Video [WATCH]
- ‘YOU SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN AFRICA’: Group of Black People Taunt BIKINI-CLAD Woman, She Instantly Loses Her Sh*t [VIDEO]
- Child Sex Slave Escapes Captor, But Now She is the One in Jail
- The Best Scopes for Your Hunting Rifle
- WATCH: Off-Duty Police Officer Caught in Gun Fight While Holding His Young Child
- 2yr-Old Beats Stage 4 Cancer with Breakthrough Treatment
- CNN Commentator: When it Comes to Criticizing NFL Players “White People Don’t Get to…”
- Bug out Guns: 7 Best Firearms for your Bug out Arsenal
- Watch: When Americans ‘Steal’ Illegal Immigrants’ Job
- ALERT: Mugabe ‘Resigns’ From Office
- Revealed: George Soros has Been Winning Small Political Victories That Can Jeopardize America
- Senator Al Fraken Caught Sexually Harassing a Model
- USA Today Warns Americans to Beware Of AR-15 Armed With Chainsaws, No Joke [WATCH]
- Fake Mud Jeans Now Exist for Men Who are too Afraid to Get Dirty — Guess How Much They Cost
- Father With a Gun: Daughter Saved by Her Dad After Gang Tries to…
- Photo Gallery