Following news that high school freshman Ahmed Mohamed brought a homemade clock which police described as a “hoax bomb” onto campus, police declined to file charges and President Obama reached and invited Mohamed to bring his clock and visit the White House. Contrast that with the experience of an unnamed elementary school student who was threatened with expulsion–and ultimately pulled from the school–for drawing a picture of a Ninja holding a gun.
Or contrast Mohamed’s experience with that of the Washington state elementary school students who were suspended for bringing a Nerf gun to school. It was June 2013 when the New York Daily News reported that the students were suspended for violating the school’s “zero tolerance” on guns–Nerf or otherwise. Or consider the 7-year-old student whose parents had to hire a lawyer after the school threatened to suspend the child for chewing a Pop-Tart into the shape of a gun. CBS News reported that the incident occurred in March 2013–that the student chewed the Pop-Tart into just the right shape then said, “Look, I made a gun.”
But Ahmed Mohamed didn’t chew pop tarts or draw a gun or bring a Nerf toy to MacArthur High School in Irving, Texas. Instead, he brought a homemade clock–with electronics that spooked a teacher into thinking it might be a bomb–yet media reports focus on how he will deal with his new found fame rather than any punishment. In fact, The Dallas Morning News‘ story on Mohamed carried the headline, “Family Adjusting to Ahmed Mohamed’s Sudden Fame as Police Announce No Charges for Clock Deemed ‘Hoax Bomb’.”
Read more: breitbart.com
- Colorado Passes New Conceal Carry Bill That Will Have Gun-Grabbers Freaking
- WATCH: Ted Nugent Goes After David Hogg — ‘So Brainwashed’ He Can’t ‘be Fixed’
- VIDEO: Armed Citizen Kills Restaurant Shooter
- AUDIO: Police Release Starbucks Recording that Proves Racism is NOT the Issue, Entitlement is
- WATCH: The Moment #Ferguson Thug Pulled Out his Gun to Shoot at Cops
- Bill Clinton: NY Times and Trump Colluded to Defeat Hillary
- Target: Man in Woman’s Bathroom Exposes Himself to Child
- WATCH: The Video Gun Controllers Are Terrified Of
- When Scopes are a Bad Idea?
- Nikolas Cruz ‘Smiling and Laughing’ in Life Behind Bars
- 2 Men Guilty of Gang Raping 13-Year-Old Girl Sentenced to Probation