The Nobel Peace Prize 2016 should go to the bicycle – at least that is what two presenters on Italian state radio believe, and they have started a petition to push for it.
The popular Caterpillar programme on Italy’s Rai 2 network is gathering signatures to present to the Norwegian Nobel Committee in February.
The presenters describe the humble two-wheeler as an “instrument of peace”.
They say the bicycle does not cause wars – often fought over oil.
The bike “is the most democratic means of transport available to humanity”, say Caterpillar’s hosts Massimo Cirri and Sara Zambotti.
They add that each kilometre pedalled generates a benefit to society of €0.16 (30.12; $0.17), compared with the social costs of using a car.
Read more: BBC
- California Appoints Illegal Alien to Office
- Melania Trump Cuts Pork from First Lady Payroll After Michelle Obama’s Extensive Spending
- Watch: Al Sharpton’s Epic Fails When Reading Teleprompter Will Have You Rolling With Laughter, ‘The Thigh (Thai) Militarty’
- Conservative Activists Detained by Airport Police in UK — Preventing Them from Inciting “Hatred”
- Megyn Kelly Off the Air After Attacking Jane Fonda
- School Parades Kindergarteners in Gun-Control ‘Walkout’ — Did They Exploit the Children?
- CAUGHT: Trump Sniffs Out Biggest Iranian Spy in White House
- Alert: High School Shooting, One Dead and Multiple Wounded
- Nikolas Cruz ‘Smiling and Laughing’ in Life Behind Bars
- DEAR AMERICA: Should Donald Trump ACCEPT This Executive Order on the Second Amendment?
- Senator Kamala Harris Completes ‘Democrat Stupidity Course’ After Tweeting this Moronic Statement on Illegal Immigration
- Why I Killed Jeffrey Dahmer
- Identical Twin Studies Show the Only Gay Genes that Exist are Made by Versace
- Allah Adios: Muslim Migrants Finally Get Deported from US Under Trump Admin
- Young Woman Attacked and Stabbed — Turns the Table on Her Attacker and Gets His Knife
- Watch: DREAMer Goes After Pelosi and Schumer, Thanks Trump Instead
- WATCH: Katy Perry Forces Kiss on American Idol Contestant, is He a #MeToo Victim?
- REPORT: Facebook’s Algorithm Change Boosting Liberals, Silencing Conservatives