The Nobel Peace Prize 2016 should go to the bicycle – at least that is what two presenters on Italian state radio believe, and they have started a petition to push for it.
The popular Caterpillar programme on Italy’s Rai 2 network is gathering signatures to present to the Norwegian Nobel Committee in February.
The presenters describe the humble two-wheeler as an “instrument of peace”.
They say the bicycle does not cause wars – often fought over oil.
The bike “is the most democratic means of transport available to humanity”, say Caterpillar’s hosts Massimo Cirri and Sara Zambotti.
They add that each kilometre pedalled generates a benefit to society of €0.16 (30.12; $0.17), compared with the social costs of using a car.
Read more: BBC
- For Those of You Who Thought Trump Bankrupted the Secret Service, Here is the Real Story…
- BLM Activist Makes List of Requests for White People: ‘give up the home you own to a black or brown family.’
- Armed Intruder Breaks into Family’s Apartment, Tries Raping Daughter — Enter the Pissed Off Father…
- Policewoman Shoots Down 4 Jihadis by Herself — Video Footage Revealed
- REPORT: Debbie Wasserman Schultz’ IT Aide May Have Sold State Secrets to Russia, Pakistan
- Watch: Hipsters Believe America Should Model Economy Like Venezuela’s to Have Income Equality
- Pope Francis Claims Migrants’ Rights Overrule Importance of National Security
- Arizona Court Rules Guns are Loaded, Even When Empty…
- Apparently Saint and Little Native American Boy Statue is White Supremacy…
- Democrat Steve Cohen is Introducing Impeachment Articles for President Trump Over Charlottesville
- #BlackLivesMatter Are Planning ‘DAY OF RAGE’ in 37 Cities–Is Yours On The List?
- Charlottesville Police Chief Says Everyone was Guilty of Violence: ‘Mutually Combating Individuals In The Crowd’
- Question: Should Lawmakers Investigate James Comey and Robert Mueller?
- Veteran Faces MAJOR Prison Sentence Over Bullsh*t Liberal Policy
- On The 154th Anniversary Of Gettysburg, Leftists Are Promising To ‘Desecrate Graves’
- ALERT: Wasserman Schultz’ ex-IT Aide Now Faces 4-count Indictment
- Sharia Law Is Coming To A Neighborhood Near You
- Gator Bites Man While Bathing in Pond: “It ate his toes off.”